lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2017, 01:22 PM   #1
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default 90 something EZGo

36 volt 90 something EZGo when you put it in forward or reverse you can hear the motor going but sounds like something is just spinning and the cart will not move. Could it be a stripped hub? What is the test for sure? Thanks Guys/Gals
jim,s is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2017, 09:09 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 90 something EZGo

Look in center of each rear wheel, in the center of all 4 lug nuts. See the large 15/16" nut? If it's spinning & the wheel is not, you have a stripped hub.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:11 PM   #3
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thank You for the information, The left side center nut spins but not the wheel. Should the right side spin? I looked up the serial number and this cart is a 96 TXT standard. should I use any of the site sponsors to order the new hub? also should both hubs be replaced or just the one that looks like the drive hub?
Old 03-29-2017, 06:09 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim,s View Post
Thank You for the information, The left side center nut spins but not the wheel. Should the right side spin? I looked up the serial number and this cart is a 96 TXT standard. should I use any of the site sponsors to order the new hub? also should both hubs be replaced or just the one that looks like the drive hub?
Jim.....without a doubt you have a stripped hub, its a classic ezgo issue. there is a "fix it one time" fix/option. and one of our site sponsors (the very best one I might add) carries it. its the Ausco Severe Duty Hub & Drums. ScottyB of cartsunlimited.net carries them. here is a link directly to the page...its item #4 on the page. your cart has an open differential....that's why only one wheel spins, just like on a car. but if it were me.....buy a PAIR so that everything matches....and you are starting NEW on both sides when it comes to the brakes. a pair is only $118.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/ausco-brakes---hubs.html
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:25 AM   #5
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

hopefully you still have good splines on the shaft. IF so, then the hub fix is just what you need. Good luck!
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 12:38 PM   #6
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks a lot, parts ordered from Scotty B
Old 04-01-2017, 03:35 AM   #7
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks Scotty the parts came in a day early. Excellent service
Old 04-01-2017, 07:22 PM   #8
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thumbs up Re: 90 something EZGo

parts came in perfect fit it took all of 30 minutes to change both hubs. Thanks again guys for your help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO