lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2017, 03:42 PM   #1
nnmsgst
Gone Wild

Default Lifting Club Car DS - but only 1-2"

Hello,

I'd like to lift my DS 1-2". I don't go off road and I really don't want the look of a "true" 3"+ lift because I'm on-road or on trails (see pic). I'd like a little more height , but just minimally. I do carry passengers often, and I have the upgraded leaf springs in the back. FYI - those are 12" wheels and 215/35-12 low profile tires with no modifications

Any options?

THANK YOU all for your help and input as I work through this rehab of my cart.

nnmsgst is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2017, 03:48 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Lifting Club Car DS - but only 1-2"

1 inch lift block in the front and make some longer spring shackles for the rear. What year is the DS?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:49 PM   #3
nnmsgst
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
1 inch lift block in the front and make some longer spring shackles for the rear. What year is the DS?
I had seen the front block, but didn't know what to do in the back.

It's a 2004.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:52 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I gotcha. I was hoping it was a 2006+ because they have off-set shackles. XRT950 gas Club Car shackles will provide an inch or so of lift on those carts, but your 2004 has straight shackles. I recommend making your own. Go to lowes and get some flat steel 3/16 - 1/4 inch thick and drill your own holes. Make four shackles with the distance of hole to hole about 1.5" further apart than your OEM shackles. That'll give you the look you want in the rear. You'll have to lengthen your shocks. Autozone has shock extenders that will screw on to the bottom of the shock stud to help you with this.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:21 PM   #5
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I like the all sports double a arm 4 inch lift with 22 inch tires on your rims.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:53 PM   #6
nnmsgst
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I gotcha. I was hoping it was a 2006+ because they have off-set shackles. XRT950 gas Club Car shackles will provide an inch or so of lift on those carts, but your 2004 has straight shackles. I recommend making your own. Go to lowes and get some flat steel 3/16 - 1/4 inch thick and drill your own holes. Make four shackles with the distance of hole to hole about 1.5" further apart than your OEM shackles. That'll give you the look you want in the rear. You'll have to lengthen your shocks. Autozone has shock extenders that will screw on to the bottom of the shock stud to help you with this.

Thank you!

Has anyone else done anything like this? Any images you could share so I under stand better? You make it sounds easy... but I'm not a fabricator
Old 03-27-2017, 09:16 PM   #7
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I was going to suggest exactly what TahoeDawg suggested. And this might be what I do with the new DS build I am working. Have not really decided yet.

I have attached a photo of my Precedent that has 21" wheels and the rear lift I did with just increasing the shackle length by one inch. I will probably make another set that are another 1/2" longer.

And here is a 1 inch front lift you can buy if you would rather not fabricate one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Club-Car-DS-...3D321601463350

The front end has a 4" All Sports double A-Arm lift. But I hated the look of the 4" rear lift.

I know this is a Precedent not a DS, but shackle length will have the same effect regardless of the model you are working on.

Aflyer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Modified 1%22 lift.jpg (154.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Aflyer; 03-27-2017 at 09:23 PM.. Reason: add content
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:39 PM   #8
nnmsgst
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflyer View Post
I was going to suggest exactly what TahoeDawg suggested. And this might be what I do with the new DS build I am working. Have not really decided yet.

I have attached a photo of my Precedent that has 21" wheels and the rear lift I did with just increasing the shackle length by one inch. I will probably make another set that are another 1/2" longer.

And here is a 1 inch front lift you can buy if you would rather not fabricate one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Club-Car-DS-...3D321601463350

The front end has a 4" All Sports double A-Arm lift. But I hated the look of the 4" rear lift.

I know this is a Precedent not a DS, but shackle length will have the same effect regardless of the model you are working on.

Aflyer

Thanks. That 1" kit is only for the front, right?
  1. That 1" kit is only for the front, right?
  2. I guess I'm not sure which part the Shackle is?
  3. Your front has a 4" lift? man that doesn't seem too high, but most of the lifted carts look way too high to me. I think 2" would be perfect in the back for me - possibly 1" in the front
Old 03-27-2017, 10:07 PM   #9
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnmsgst View Post
Thanks. That 1" kit is only for the front, right?
  1. That 1" kit is only for the front, right?
  2. I guess I'm not sure which part the Shackle is?
  3. Your front has a 4" lift? man that doesn't seem too high, but most of the lifted carts look way too high to me. I think 2" would be perfect in the back for me - possibly 1" in the front
nnmsgst,
Yes that kit I showed you was just for the front.

The shackle can be seen in the attached parts list. It is on page 5-10, and is identified as part #1.

https://mobilicab.com/F4hxm7zhX073ec...-GOLF-CARS.pdf

Download this parts list and it will give you a great reference to all the pieces that make up your car.

Yes, my precedent only has a 4" lift.I like it as it is not crazy high, but still gives some ground clearance.

There are so many options, take your time, and ask lots of questions.

Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:08 PM   #10
nnmsgst
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflyer View Post
nnmsgst,
Yes that kit I showed you was just for the front.

The shackle can be seen in the attached parts list. It is on page 5-10, and is identified as part #1.

https://mobilicab.com/F4hxm7zhX073ec...-GOLF-CARS.pdf

Download this parts list and it will give you a great reference to all the pieces that make up your car.

Yes, my precedent only has a 4" lift.I like it as it is not crazy high, but still gives some ground clearance.

There are so many options, take your time, and ask lots of questions.

Aflyer
Thanks very much. I appreciate the input and you taking the time to respond.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car