lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2017, 12:16 AM   #1
JGC403
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Chassis Ground

Are the chassis on theses carts grounded? As far as I know everything is stock on my cart, everything looked stock with the wiring on my 2007 TXT. I checked continuity between the negative battery terminal and a couple of bolts on the cart in various places and they all checked out that they were grounded. I put some LED lights on and just ran power wires to the lights and grounded the grounds to the chassis.
JGC403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2017, 02:42 AM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Chassis Ground

Don't ground anything to the chassis. Someone who actually knows what they're talking about may respond with the why part, but I do know that anytime someone on here talks about doing that, there's a barrage of NO.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:22 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

NO! think about it from the stand point of your car/truck.....Where does the NEG (ground) go to....the frame.

HOWEVER, on a cart....is the NEGATIVE (Ground) from your pack connected to the frame?? NO its not, thus when you add electrical components like your lights, you need to connect them to the APPROPRITE NEGATIVE POST OR to the NEG. side of your fuse box.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:41 AM   #4
marianol
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I think that the OP is saying that he checked and in his cart the frame IS grounded.

As Sir Nuke said that should NOT be the case for an Electric cart. So someone was doing some of his own wiring there.
Can you follow the negative post on the battery to see where is grounded??

Also a picture will help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
marianol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 01:51 PM   #5
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

everything is done in an isolated loop to the battery...my understanding is safety...
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:28 PM   #6
JGC403
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianol View Post
I think that the OP is saying that he checked and in his cart the frame IS grounded.

As Sir Nuke said that should NOT be the case for an Electric cart. So someone was doing some of his own wiring there.
Can you follow the negative post on the battery to see where is grounded??

Also a picture will help.

Correct, with the wiring that was on the cart, the chassis was grounded. The previous owner had installed lights, but I removed all of that before I checked the continuity between the negative battery post and some random spots on the chassis.
JGC403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:03 AM   #7
marianol
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Follow the negative post and take it out of the chassis. As said before electric carts use a closed loop from positive post to negative post of the pack and the chassis is never connected to anything.

marianol is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO