lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2017, 10:58 AM   #1
Jmbeebe0722
Not Yet Wild

Default Magnet vs PQ Bandit?

Hi guys!

New to the forum, and new to the golf cart world. I just picked up a 2011 CC Precedent with 2016 batteries for $1,700. It was a great deal I believe.

I am looking to get to be between 22mph-25mph, and done quite a bit of reading. I am not looking to spend the $1.5k plus to get true speed from a new controller, wires, motor..etc.

I am weighing adding a speed magnet or PQ Bandit. I use this mainly around my neighborhood, which has some hills but nothing to bad.

In regards to the differences of the magnet vs PQ bandit, what will I notice? I know neither is going to really add torque.. Is it mainly just a few mph difference?
Jmbeebe0722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2017, 04:14 PM   #2
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Magnet vs PQ Bandit?

I believe that the magnet is not effective with the excel system found on 2011. What is the serial number of your cart?
klubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 04:28 PM   #3
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Bandit is a Plum Quick rebuild on your stock motor. They are located in Fort Mill SC, and they provide great customer service.

I just spoke with Rick on the phone, and they are going to upgrade the motor from my old Club Car Caroche.

Reading on this Forum, it seems this is a very good step for a reasonably priced speed increase.

I am sure others will jump in and provide options and opinions.

They are a site sponsor and here is the link to their Website:

https://www.plumquick.com

Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:23 PM   #4
Jmbeebe0722
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by klubber View Post
I believe that the magnet is not effective with the excel system found on 2011. What is the serial number of your cart?
Don't quote me on this, but I am under the impression I do not have Excel. My serial is PQ11134-218205.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:48 PM   #5
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

A PQ is an IQ Sepex cart.
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 03:32 AM   #6
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

A magnet should work with your PQ cart but from what I've read you'll lose torque with either the magnet or the Bandit. You say the hills are not bad where the cart will be used so a loss of torque may not effect you too much. If you want torque and speed then do what scottyb or Revolution usually suggest and use an Alltrax XCT300 controller. You won't need all the other expensive bits but you'll also be able to program in torque and speed settings that are switchable on the fly.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:24 AM   #7
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

You do Not loose torque with a magnet. PQ will give you a little extra torque, not enough to do wheelies, but enough you can tell.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:35 AM   #8
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

I didn't lose torque with the magnet in either of my IQ carts (04 Precedent & 06 Carryall) Both with GE motors.
Precedent has 23's on it, so that's a big loss of torque, but more flat ground speed..23 - 25 mph. Carryall has stock 18" tires, so I have more torque and will kick the Precedent's azz going up hills, but less flat ground speed...19-21 mph.
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 02:10 PM   #9
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

I would throw a speed magnet in it. It's cheap and it very well may get you what you want. David at Revolution Golf Cars can get you set up.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:30 PM   #10
Jmbeebe0722
Not Yet Wild

Okay, change in story... Since buying this cart I had not taken it out the neighborhood. I did this tonight and wow! Torque upgrade is definitely needed. Which puts me back at step one... So here is what I have found in reading..

1) High Speed Magnet = More Speed but LESS Torque
2) PQ Bandit = More Speed, LITTLE extra Torque
3) Alltrax Controller = LITTLE Speed, More Torque

Is there anything that can provide a good upgrade on torque, but also obtain low to mid 20's in the $400-$500 range?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car