lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2017, 05:50 PM   #1
onefastcobra
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default ScottyB rocks! [97 EZGO TXT]

I have a 97 TXT DCS 36v. I live by a golf course and all of my friends happen to be neighbors. All my friends happen to own 48v carts and needless to say, I was getting worked! Plus all the anti-36v jokes was getting a little out of hand.

I sent ScottyB a whole bunch of emails and I was surprised Of the speed of his replies and very impressed of the knowledge. ScottyB showed extreme patience answering all of my questions and because of that I was able to get everything that I needed to be a little more competitive with my 48v neighbors.

After a XCT48400-DCS controller, solenoid upgrade, and the D2 motor; the 36v went from 14 mph to 27.1.

My 48v friends stopped making 36v jokes to me.....lol

Thanks ScottyB!!!!
onefastcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2017, 05:55 PM   #2
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: ScottyB rocks! [97 EZGO TXT]

Luv it when a plan works.
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 05:58 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

YES Scotty IS THE MAN!! I'm about to do that build on a 99 DCS myself....but I am going up to the XCT-48500 AND jumping to 48v! lol
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:49 PM   #4
onefastcobra
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I'll definetly move up to 48v once these batteries are shot. Plus I'll have to anyway because now my 48v friends are talking about buying motors. Lol. I want to keep my 18 inch tires though.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:08 PM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastcobra View Post
I'll definetly move up to 48v once these batteries are shot. Plus I'll have to anyway because now my 48v friends are talking about buying motors. Lol. I want to keep my 18 inch tires though.
well you could go up to 20" and they fit without any issues or a lift of any kind.....that alone will get you about 5 mph over what you got now....then you go to 48v, which will get you about 30% more torque and speed....you will be hauling a$$.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:25 PM   #6
onefastcobra
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That would be awesome! i just ordered new shocks and springs for it today because it is all over the road now. Lol. I'm gonna try to talk my wife into letting me buy wheels before July 4th. I'll lose some take off power but once it starts it keeps building. I took my buddy for a ride who is about 6'1 240. I'm 6'5 330 and we were still doing 25 going up a slight grade. That Admiral D-2 has crazy power. The motor has a whine that resembles a Kenne Bell Blower.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:00 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

That noise will settle down as the brushes seat in to their final shape. You should go easy on it for the initial break-in (yeah, everyone else does that too....).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 11:07 PM   #8
onefastcobra
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
That noise will settle down as the brushes seat in to their final shape. You should go easy on it for the initial break-in (yeah, everyone else does that too....).
Lol
Old 06-23-2017, 11:17 PM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastcobra View Post
That would be awesome! i just ordered new shocks and springs for it today because it is all over the road now. Lol. I'm gonna try to talk my wife into letting me buy wheels before July 4th. I'll lose some take off power but once it starts it keeps building. I took my buddy for a ride who is about 6'1 240. I'm 6'5 330 and we were still doing 25 going up a slight grade. That Admiral D-2 has crazy power. The motor has a whine that resembles a Kenne Bell Blower.
I'm about to buy a set of wheels/tires and found some great deals....I will send you a link to the site I am ordering from....they ship to your house for FREE!!

and the wheels are tires are great prices. to get a 20" tires....you will need to get some 12" wheels and put 215/50-12 tires....that will get you to 20". if you drop down to a 40 series tire you will be back to about stock height tires.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:32 PM   #10
onefastcobra
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
I'm about to buy a set of wheels/tires and found some great deals....I will send you a link to the site I am ordering from....they ship to your house for FREE!!

and the wheels are tires are great prices. to get a 20" tires....you will need to get some 12" wheels and put 215/50-12 tires....that will get you to 20". if you drop down to a 40 series tire you will be back to about stock height tires.
Thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO