lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2017, 07:09 PM   #1
crazedhick3
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery problem or charger?

I have a 2011 EZ GO Txt 48v. Just recently my charger Powerwise QE, started giving me the four flash code. Batteries too undercharged/overcharged for charger. I checked the voltage of the pack. I was reading 48.8 volts. I took the cart for a ride and pretty much drained it. Still reading 48. But now the charger when plugged in gives a brief green/red fast alternating flash then nothing. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
crazedhick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2017, 07:16 PM   #2
dennis1340
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery problem or charger?

Sounds to me you have at least one bad battery, more than likely with an internal short. If you are lucky you can disconnect the batteries and check their voltages individually. The problem battery should have lower voltage than the rest.
dennis1340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 07:34 PM   #3
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Good idea to check the voltage of each battery ... but since they are in series, you will not have to disconnect them ... they can easily done while cabled up in your cart.
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:05 PM   #4
crazedhick3
Not Yet Wild

I did that and they were all were within 8.1-8.4 each. Cabled in the cart that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
crazedhick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:58 PM   #5
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

I can't comment on your charger error codes, but your batteries are obviously in a state of discharge. At 100% state of charge, your battery pack should be 50.93v. At the 48.8v you reported, your state of charge was only 57%. At 48.0v, you are only at 43%. See attached battery chart from CartsUnlimited.net for more information.

You may also want to look up your charger manual online to figure out your battery error codes to help you troubleshoot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Battery Chart.JPG (70.8 KB, 0 views)
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 10:51 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Your charger should be able to start with the voltage you see now. Sounds like your charger is screwed. If you know anyone with a charger that will plug into your cart, see if they will let you test their charger on your cart (there is no risk of damaging their charger as long as the plug is the same).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 11:02 PM   #7
crash test dummy

unplug charger , cart in tow and remove the main neg battery cable for a few min then reconnect it and turn on tow switch then try charger

Old 06-23-2017, 11:11 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
unplug charger , cart in tow and remove the main neg battery cable for a few min then reconnect it and turn on tow switch then try charger.
Lol... The 'Ole Clubcar OBC reset trick does nothing to fix a bad QE charger (and only a temporary fix for a bad OBC). I know you mean to help, but I couldn't keep from laughing about the CC OBC reset procedure. obc, a great "feature" in a club car.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 11:58 PM   #9
crash test dummy

this is not the club car area ???

i will go bug the yamaha area now
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO