lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2017, 05:05 PM   #11
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Default Re: 48v wont go backwards

This may help: http://fsip.biz/Documents/1204M%201205M.pdf

Page 7 of that manual is most likely what you want your setup to be like. The exception being that the 'Main' connection to controller J5 would go to B- if you have the setting discussed above to 0.

A series control is incapable of changing the direction of the motor, that's why there are multiple contactors/solenoids. Their function is to switch the connections on either the field or armature of the motor to achieve opposite direction rotation.

In that diagram on pg7 you see the Motor (s1/s2) field is wired to M- control and motor A2 via the directional contactors. The F and R with the slashes represent the normally closed side. So when in neutral both S1 and S2 are tied together with M-. If FWD is selected then S1 connects to A2 and S2 stays on M-. opposite for REV.

There really is no way to get away with doing this with only 1 contactor unless it's a DPDT.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2017, 11:02 AM   #12
mwollerman2011
Getting Wild

the cart was working perfectly fine for as long as we have had it and its only had 1 solenoid on it for all that time this is the first issue we have had with it and i cant seem to figure it out it had an all trax controller on it before i changed it to the curtis because the cart would randomly shut down and not work at all for about 20-30 minutes then it would work as its suppose to for a while then stop again randomly so i put the new curtis controller on it thinkin maybe the controller was getting hot and not working properly but ever since i put the curtis on it it hasnt wanted to go backwards at all for us
mwollerman2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:58 AM   #13
mwollerman2011
Getting Wild

i have reset all the parameters to what they should be and checked all the wiring and connectoins for some reason its throwing a throttle fault could this be due to a faulty v-glide this one was changed july of 16 but im at a loss on what to do thank you guys for all the help its really appreciated
Old 07-24-2017, 12:14 PM   #14
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Check the ohm reading coming out the v-glide and see if they are correct. You may be out of adjustment on the wiper arm or not contacting some of the pads.

Something may be wrong and it is so far out the controller cannot determine where it is at.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:34 PM   #15
mwollerman2011
Getting Wild

Ok ill check it in the morning and let you know what i figure out on the v glide but whats wierd is that it works perfectly normal in forward
Old 07-24-2017, 01:50 PM   #16
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Electronic gremlins can be a bear...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 06:26 AM   #17
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwollerman2011 View Post
the cart was working perfectly fine for as long as we have had it and its only had 1 solenoid on it for all that time this is the first issue we have had with it and i cant seem to figure it out it had an all trax controller on it before i changed it to the curtis because the cart would randomly shut down and not work at all for about 20-30 minutes then it would work as its suppose to for a while then stop again randomly so i put the new curtis controller on it thinkin maybe the controller was getting hot and not working properly but ever since i put the curtis on it it hasnt wanted to go backwards at all for us
What model alltrax and motor?
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 07:28 AM   #18
mwollerman2011
Getting Wild

The controller was a dcx 300 and the motor is also an alltrax motor but i cant remember the model of it ill have to try and take a picture of it so i can see the sticker on it but the motor is not that old either maybe about a year old the all trax controller that was on it had been on the cart for a few years
Old 07-25-2017, 07:35 AM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Back in post #2 mjroman20 asked about the 1/2 speed microswitch in the FNR.

Have You already disconnected the throttle wires from the Controller (Curtis terminal #2 and #3) and measured the resistance range in those wires with the FNR in both FWD and REV?

You may be loosing the entire throttle connection when the FNR is on REV.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:39 AM   #20
mwollerman2011
Getting Wild

i have not checked that yet i have had the wires off but i put them back on took them off the check the terminals for corrosion or anything like that ill check that this afternoon and see what it reads
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car