lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2017, 08:06 AM   #1
caylen17
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Rattlesnake 2 review

Recievied and installed the motor. My 95 DS has brand new t-875's. Older FSIP controller, new ScottyB HD f/r contractor, solonoid and battery meter. Welding cable wires and Jakes long travel kit, 22x14's

Pulled the cart out of the garage on almost full charge. Pulled front tires about a foot off the ground from complete stop. Threw everything outta my glove box. Ran 31mph right out the gate! Motor seems like it keeps climbing and climbing!

I have an issue I wanna address and need help with. The multi step petentiometer in my cart is jerky between the speeds. Is there a better solution? My friends late model Ds has a newer rod design. Do all DS carts use the same throttle voltage? What are my options on correcting this issue and still use the controller I have. Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4154.jpg (306.5 KB, 0 views)
caylen17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2017, 08:31 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Rattlesnake 2 review

You can clean off the pads if they are not worn out. Your wiper arm is probably out of adjustment and not making full contact. Linkages could be loose too.

There is an MCOR upgrade you can purchase and do away with that if you like. David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars has them I believe.

And circuits do differ based on model types. 5k-0 and 0-5k.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 01:24 PM   #3
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

So I take it that you are happy with the motor itself .

......Click Me
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 03:56 PM   #4
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Multi-steps coupled with a high torque motor are like that (like throwing speed-shifts all the time).

I'd give Scotty another call. He has a variable pot pedal that would work for you for less than a MCOR set-up. (Full disclosure- I'm not a fan of MCOR).

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 04:01 PM   #5
caylen17
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
You can clean off the pads if they are not worn out. Your wiper arm is probably out of adjustment and not making full contact. Linkages could be loose too.

There is an MCOR upgrade you can purchase and do away with that if you like. David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars has them I believe.

And circuits do differ based on model types. 5k-0 and 0-5k.
It's new. Wiper arm correctly touches all contacts. I don't know anything about a MCOR but I will definitely check it out. Sounds like what I might need.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:07 PM   #6
caylen17
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag50 View Post
Multi-steps coupled with a high torque motor are like that (like throwing speed-shifts all the time).

I'd give Scotty another call. He has a variable pot pedal that would work for you for less than a MCOR set-up. (Full disclosure- I'm not a fan of MCOR).

His number is incorrect on his website. The number listed in his link goes to a security company in Kentucky. They sent the dioid and resister for a 36 and 48 in the same bag. I can't get an answer which one is which from him. Guess I'll try email. I will look into the upgrade. Thank you.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:08 PM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

What is the actual full model number of your FSIP controller?

The Controller model number will tell what kind of options you have for throttle.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 04:11 PM   #8
caylen17
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
So I take it that you are happy with the motor itself .

......Click Me
You were absolutely right about the motor, very very happy with the torque and speed gained from it. Anxious to put some time on it. Florida is building "walking trails" on old railroad beds. Perfect runway for carts. I need something quicker to cover a lot of ground. This motor will meet every need I have.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:29 PM   #9
caylen17
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
What is the actual full model number of your FSIP controller?

The Controller model number will tell what kind of options you have for throttle.
Don't know the model as I'm out of town for work. If I remember correctly it was advertised 700 amp.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:48 PM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If the model number ends in NNVS, you have more options.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car