lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2017, 10:57 AM   #11
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT clicks but no go

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehartb View Post
I ordered new contacts to try, going to try resurfacing contact board and put it back together and see, are the contactor kits reliable? seems like they would heat up
Has been on mine. My cart only gets used a couple times a week right now, but I've had it on some longer drives and never noticed any heat.

I've had a series cart for a long time and the rotary style f/r wears out, comes loose, etc. This contractor just seems to be a much better setup. Plus you get a switch to activate it a opposed to the lever. But, I do dig that shifter n Nuke's cart.

Scotty, every time I see a post with a bad f/r I recommend your super duty contractor, but I noticed you link that 575 quite a bit. Is that just because it's a little cheaper, and still a good upgrade from the stock? You're still a fan of the contractors, correct?
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2017, 11:19 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That right, some people just want a simple Plug and Play replacement that really is heavy duty without a bigger project. For that case the EZ575 fits the bill with retrofit huge premium quality C11000 copper bus bars.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 03:18 PM   #13
dehartb
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for all your input, I am going to try repairing the oem switch, I will let you know how that works out, I may be in the market for the contactor conversion yet!
dehartb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 05:52 PM   #14
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
That right, some people just want a simple Plug and Play replacement that really is heavy duty without a bigger project. For that case the EZ575 fits the bill with retrofit huge premium quality C11000 copper bus bars.

Makes sense
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 01:00 PM   #15
dehartb
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

so I replaced the contacts and resurfaced board and rotor installed in cart and tested, cart moved, finished up and I'm back to clicks but doesn't move, frustrating, forward micro switch is hooked directly to battery and works, f/r switch makes great contact, could it be in the pedal box? solenoid clicks when pedal is pressed in f or r
Old 08-29-2017, 01:09 PM   #16
noxin
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I know you said you checked the microswitch, but I had a similar issue that I ended up tracking there. I tested it for continuity and got good readings, but when I checked the terminals for resistance when it was closed, it tested a little higher than the other microswitch.

I took it off and cleaned it up really good, filing the contacts and rinsing with a baking soda/water mix, and it started working.
noxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:27 PM   #17
dehartb
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

if I pull the blue wire off the micro switch I get no click from the solenoid, plug it in it clicks when pedal is pressed in f or r, but for grins I will hook the red and blue wire together bypassing micro switch
Old 08-29-2017, 04:58 PM   #18
dehartb
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

so I bypassed the micro switch, nothing, but when I bypassed the large terminals on the solenoid the cart sprang to life! and it kept on working, just came back from an hour test ride, no problems and the f/r switch works awesome! better than ever! thanks for everyone's help and someone said just because it clicks doesn't meant its good, he is so right, I'll be replacing the solenoid soon, thanks again
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO