lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2017, 06:04 PM   #1
atr42flyer
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 1996 DCS Saga

the saga continues...

1996 TXT DCS,

blown the controller twice now, first time after the controller was repaired it ran for a few seconds, one of the wires from the solenoid to the controller got extremely hot then it blew. Just got the controller back, did went through the cart again, wasn't getting passed step 3 in the diagnostics and the solenoid wasn't clicking, figured out it was the ignition interlock, bypassed that. put it back into run, turned the key, and switched it into fwd and pop there goes the controller. I didn't have the motor hooked up, because as it also turns out that its a series motor. I think I should have a sepex motor. basically I was trying to get the solenoid to click and it didn't even do that.

new components,

new key switch
all new cables
new diode
new pre charge resistor
new solenoid
I did the club car toggle f&r switch upgrade
new batteries

So after it blew up, I did the diagnostic test again per the manual and it all test good now, after I fixed the ignition interlock it tests fine, all except the solenoid doesn't click. But that could be because the controller is toast yes?

So how much is a 1996 dcs worth? I can't keep throwing money at it. I figure if I buy an alltrax, and solenoid, and get the correct motor. I am in it way too deep,

I only paid $180 for the cart, I would be in it over $2000 if I add the controller and motor. Plus I would need to paint or wrap it and add a rear seat and wheels and tires. So now over $3000

Is it worth it?
atr42flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2017, 06:42 PM   #2
bmr4106
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1996 DCS Saga

Worth it?

Yes, if you're looking for a dependable cart that you're very familiar with.

No, it you're trying to make some money.

DCS-arrrrgh! A new Alltrax controller is the only thing that will save your sanity, in the long run. Stock controller is guano.
bmr4106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 06:56 PM   #3
atr42flyer
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr4106 View Post
Worth it?

Yes, if you're looking for a dependable cart that you're very familiar with.

No, it you're trying to make some money.

DCS-arrrrgh! A new Alltrax controller is the only thing that will save your sanity, in the long run. Stock controller is guano.

This is a cart I'm going to sell. I'm not keeping it. I may just end up parting it out.
atr42flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:43 PM   #4
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by atr42flyer View Post
This is a cart I'm going to sell. I'm not keeping it. I may just end up parting it out.
Using it for parts might help you find out which part is causing the problem.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:48 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Popped the controller? Incorrect wiring, or messed up motor is the top of my list. I never ever replace a controller without inspecting the inside of the motor (bad motor is the best way to destroy a new controller, especially with a Sepex system).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO