lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2017, 04:17 PM   #1
Bigcountry44
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 87 ezgo brakes

Guys I have no brakes on cart... Well I have new brake shoes drums an cables I have ajusted all an nothing seems to be working it keeps going when u apply brake an want stop is there anything I could b missing .
Any help would be great...
THANKS
Bigcountry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2017, 05:06 PM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 87 ezgo brakes

Hmm. Waiting for the experts to jump in here. I re-did mine but it'd been a real long time since I had messed with brakes, so I took pics while disassembling, did one side at a time, plus I have the manual. If you take the wheel/hub with the cart jacked up you can look at what's happening, or in your case, what's not. You can have a friend do it, or use a stick, to push on the pedal while you're watching.

Did you adjust them when you got the new shoes in? Are the brake pads moving at all when you apply the brake?

Hopefully one of the gurus will jump in soon but take it apart and post some pictures.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:26 PM   #3
Bigcountry44
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

YeA I ajusted new shoes .
Also took the ajuster which is a small aluminum block on to top it the hub assembly an cleaned an made sure the ajuster screw was free an the small piston like round steel plugs were free an moved smoothly ....still no luck........ Thanks for the reply...
Old 10-02-2017, 06:26 PM   #4
crash test dummy

you may need a new adjustment screw they changed in 88

https://www.vintagegolfcartparts.com/Item/CC_BrkAdj82

1982 to 1987 E-Z-GO.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:20 PM   #5
Bigcountry44
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks guys for the help...
I finally found the problem the left side brake cable s not working correctly it's not keeping the shoes on bottom tight an when u mash the pedal it doesn't do nothing the cable doesn't more nor the shoes so I am going to diagnose tommorow it's late an have to work tomorrow thanks for ur help...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO