lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2017, 08:54 PM   #21
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2007 Club Car Precedent won't move/charge

Yes, as Sergio recommended, a DPI Accusense id the best way to go. Then sell your old charger around town.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2017, 07:55 AM   #22
BucBearPig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks, I agree on the DPI charger, I especially like the fact you can leave it plugged in over the winter months, it gets pretty cold up here in Iowa. Anything else I should do when the weather turns? I keep the cart garaged at all times, however I do not usually heat my garage all winter.
BucBearPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:06 AM   #23
BucBearPig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

https://www.amazon.com/Golf-Cart-Cha...arger+club+car
This looks like the right one, anyone see an issue with this?
Old 10-10-2017, 10:14 AM   #24
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucBearPig View Post
That's the one...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:58 AM   #25
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucBearPig View Post
I would buy this one (same thing) http://shop.cartsunlimited.net/DPI-A...harger-DPI.htm from one of our site sponsors as you will get the support to back the sale why also supporting the site you get help from....
Old 10-16-2017, 07:31 PM   #26
BucBearPig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So I got the charger, hooked up a new wire (to the black wire by the charging plug) to the negative battery (front passenger side) and the charger does not kick on. I set the accusence charger to the setting for Trojan t-1275 (I have the 4 12 volt batteries). Blue and white wires are hooked together. The cart runs fine FYI. The top (green) and 3rd (red) lights kick on and blink a few times and then nothing. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2017, 11:23 PM   #27
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Are you sure the 10g black wire is coming of the back side of side of the charger receptacle (same place the 10g black wire is/was that ran all the way back to your OBC) and that it is running to the Main pack negative? (This would be the battery terminal that as the black cable running to the back of the cart and through your old OBC) That is all I can think of....
Old 10-17-2017, 07:51 AM   #28
BucBearPig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yes, there is a white plastic connector on that wire, I cut it after the plastic connector, should I cut it before and try that? I'm not sure why that would make a difference, guessing it's just there to make it easier to switch out the OBC. Also, is there any certain wire type you would recommend? I'm guessing with 8 volt batteries that wire reaches fine, but the OBC/controller is in the middle of the batteries in the 4 12 volt setup and the OBC is right next to the charger plug, that's why I need to connect a new wire to reach the battery. I used some 8 gauge wire I had laying around, should I try something else?

also, just to confirm, the charger is setup in mode 5 (just the #3 prong moved to the right). Does anyone else run this charger with 4 12 volt batteries?

Thanks!
Old 10-17-2017, 08:24 AM   #29
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The 10ga black negative wire from the charger receptacle does have a quick connector on the OBC.

You can use that connector and cut the wire on the OBC side of the connector.

If you are not totally removing the OBC from the cart, just cut the other 10ga black wire that comes OFF the OBC and goes into the multi-crimp ring terminal on the Controller B- and connect it to the black wire that comes from the charger receptacle.

Make sure the receptacle red wire is connected to pack positive battery post.

If everything is wired properly in the cart, You should measure pack voltage between the + and - sockets on the cart receptacle.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:06 AM   #30
BucBearPig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

[QUOTE=Sergio;1442190]The 10ga black negative wire from the charger receptacle does have a quick connector on the OBC.

You can use that connector and cut the wire on the OBC side of the connector.

If you are not totally removing the OBC from the cart, just cut the other 10ga black wire that comes OFF the OBC and goes into the multi-crimp ring terminal on the Controller B- and connect it to the black wire that comes from the charger receptacle.

Okay - I'll try this when I get home, to clarify, I want to cut the black wire that goes to the B- and connect it at the OBC side to the black wire on the charging port (so the wire no longer connects to the B- terminal) correct?

Just looked at this again on the sticky for bypassing - looks like I want to cut the wire that goes into the OBC (to the B-) and connect it to the black charging port wire. So basically it would be 1 wire going from the charging port to the B-, is that correct?

Tags
club car precedent, electric club car, precedent 07
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car