lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2017, 08:19 PM   #11
woodsmith
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Dana axle coupling

thanks for the info, and spending the time to point me in the right direction
woodsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2017, 03:58 PM   #12
rib33024

Your welcome

Post some pics of the build
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 09:51 PM   #13
woodsmith
Not Yet Wild

I found a actual pinion yoke with a 10 spline center from vintage golf cart parts in Ca, that was used with this axle on older Harley Davidson carts having a gas engine, and a drive shaft for one of those carts on Ebay, so I might just be in buisness, eagerly awaiting thier arrival....wish me luck, currently fabricating the fourlink for the rear suspension.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:02 PM   #14
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Rock On! I am following this out of my interest in machining parts to work. [Did a lot of that on my fathers pulling tractor]
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 10:25 PM   #15
woodsmith
Not Yet Wild

current progress, some of the attachment points for the rear axle fabricated, added a truss for the upper links of the four link suspension, links for the front axle tacked in, front beam made to look like an old Ford axle, welded the spindle/king pins from the EZGO cart to the ends with camber included, castor is adjustable. Rack and pinion made from the guts of the cart's steering box mounted to the axle will require custom steering arms and tie rods but will just clear the frame as I made it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20171127_205757_hdr.jpg (115.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20171127_205824_hdr.jpg (92.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20171127_205950_hdr.jpg (210.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20171127_210014_hdr.jpg (173.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-27-2017, 10:42 PM   #16
woodsmith
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Rock On! I am following this out of my interest in machining parts to work. [Did a lot of that on my fathers pulling tractor]
Nice, Thanks for the encouragement, I restore and customize/modify musclecars for work, always building someone else's idea pushed me to this "little" project where I can make my idea come to life and (sort of) afford it
Old 11-28-2017, 08:09 AM   #17
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsmith View Post
Nice, Thanks for the encouragement, I restore and customize/modify musclecars for work, always building someone else's idea pushed me to this "little" project where I can make my idea come to life and (sort of) afford it
Should have guessed that as your profession! Now the 4-link gives it away! Are you gonna include a track bar? Just in case you want to race it?? Any chance we see you on TV? Dana axle, makes me think Mopar,,, Iron Ressurection maybe? You do realize though, now that we know your abilities and resources at work, the standards of this build will HAVE to be "top shelf"!!!
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 08:33 PM   #18
woodsmith
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Should have guessed that as your profession! Now the 4-link gives it away! Are you gonna include a track bar? Just in case you want to race it?? Any chance we see you on TV? Dana axle, makes me think Mopar,,, Iron Ressurection maybe? You do realize though, now that we know your abilities and resources at work, the standards of this build will HAVE to be "top shelf"!!!
Muscle car restorations is a big Mopar shop but we will build anything
We are in a couple hotrod network magazines and their youtube videos, but they only want to cover basic stuff they think people can do at home.... so usually our goal is to get our metalshop mascot (the rubber chicken) somewhere in the photos for the tech article each month.
Did get a custom made swaybar project into car craft once..might need to make one for this little car depending on how the air bags handle body roll with my improvised budget version of control valves.

I we had a show, there would be a cooking segment where I could demonstrate how to tenderize a steak at the power hammer and toss it in the forge for a quick sear...
Old 11-29-2017, 02:17 AM   #19
MILLERTIME
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Nice metal work.
MILLERTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:22 PM   #20
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Nice work woodsmith, I envy your skills. Wish I had seen this post sooner. I'm pretty sure that's the same rear/motor/spline setup in the older ez-go 3 wheel carts. I don't know where you are, but around here those can be found plentiful and cheap for the whole cart.

Looking good! Keep us updated.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO