lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2017, 12:51 PM   #1
Bucky3d
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery Voltage

IN AN 8V BATTERY FULLY CHARGED, WHAT WOULD BE THE MAX V IN THAT BATTERY.
eg. 8V or 8.5 or ? Please advise
Bucky3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2017, 12:55 PM   #2
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Battery Voltage

Yes, 8.49 per battery. Some will get 51 + volts when fully charged, but 50.9 is considered 100% for a 48v setup. That means at 48.4v it's at 50% and needs to be charged.
Unsoshl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 01:09 PM   #3
Bucky3d
Not Yet Wild

Unsoshi: Great Help Thank you so much
Old 11-20-2017, 01:49 PM   #4
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I recommend printing this chart and keeping it in your cart. Never let it go below 50%. Remember, after you charge your cart the true voltage is after being disconnected for 12 hours. I know nada, but this place is a wealth of knowledge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2346.jpg (67.1 KB, 0 views)
Unsoshl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 01:53 PM   #5
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...batteries.html

Post #9

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 03:02 PM   #6
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

This is at least the third thread on this same issue. You have at least 2 bad batteries. The 2 that are reading in the 7 volt range. You can just replace those, but they will soon be drug down to the other four very quickly!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:23 PM   #7
Bucky3d
Not Yet Wild

Thank you all for your reply. I did everything you all recommended and this is my results.
1. I tested each battery with my meter. Each are in the 7.9-8.1+ range. I have an inline meter on the dash and it i only have 42.7V and the low battery comes on even when the key is on and off.
But, the test of all my batteries with my meter show 47.9V due to lack of charger not working right.
My headlights don't work anymore.
Horn works.
Tail lights work.
Cart will go and then run out of juice, It appears something is restricting the power from the batteries.
Any questions or suggestions. I appreciate your patients, I am a novice at this and willing to try anything. "Desperate"
Old 08-02-2018, 10:30 PM   #8
Bucky3d
Not Yet Wild

Thank You, got a replacement charger coming and hope it will get me back on track.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:31 PM   #9
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky3d View Post
Thank you all for your reply. I did everything you all recommended and this is my results.
1. I have an inline meter on the dash and it i only have 42.7V Its junk - Not even close... Replace it
But, the test of all my batteries with my meter show 47.9V due to lack of charger not working right. And that is only ~40% charged. Your cart will not run well at that level and you are damaging the batteries and allowing sulfation to occur.
My headlights don't work anymore. Fuse, bulbs or wiring is that issue.
Cart will go and then run out of juice, It appears something is restricting the power from the batteries. Hope, you have no "juice" left in the batteries....
In questions or suggestions. I appreciate your patients, I am a novice at this and willing to try anything. "Desperate"
You have a charger issue as you need to be around 50.9vdc 12 hours after charge completion.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 06:47 AM   #10
Bucky3d
Not Yet Wild

[QUOTE=NoleFan4Ever;1527784][COLOR="red"]You have a charger issue as you need to be around 50.9vdc 12 hours after charge completion..... [/COLOR

TY for all your advice. I get the new charger today or tomorrow and hope this corrects all my problems. Fuses I will find for lights
]

Tags
rgs3
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car