lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2021, 06:32 AM   #11
SavannahBulldog
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: '10 Club Car Precedent Alpha Body/Ultimate Light Kits Issues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z7What View Post
I bought a redone 2011 Precedent in Nov 2020. Before picking it up i had the dealer install a Alpha body and light kit. The light kit was NOT the "street" kit with blinkers and horn.

The issue i had was that if the headlights were ON and i took up from a stop max speed of the cart was 8ish. If i stopped and turned the lights OFF i could do 20ish all day long. Also noticed that if i was going over 8ish and turned the lights on i could still get to 20ish but once i dropped my speed down below 8ish i couldnt get back above 8ish.

Called the dealer who agreed something wasnt right and being that the cart would limit itself to 8ish that it sounded like the speed sensor. I told him i tested it and it tested good but he still send a new one to me. I swapped it out and to my surprise i had no more issues.........for 2 weeks. Then randomly it started doing the same thing. By this time i had gotten a Curtis Handheld programmer and used it to pull the codes. Sure enough everytime i used the throttle with the lights on i would get a "Main Welded" code. Called the dealer up and he said that he would send me a solenoid. Before receiving the solenoid i ended up installing a voltage reducer. Since installing the reducer i have had no issues for months. So ultimately the fix was to unhook the lights from 2 of the batteries and install a voltage reducer. Since doing that ive not had a single issue.

2-3 weeks ago while installing a dash, radio, underbody lights, etc... i decided i was going to rip out the entire light wiring harness and rewire the lights myself. I did this for 2 reasons. One was because i wanted to control the lights the way i wanted them to work and the second was to clean up the mess of wires that the harness has.

Granted, i dont have the blinker kit nor do i want the blinker kit but making a few small changes on how the lights are hooked up makes the cart look much better if you ask me.

I have 2 light switches one is running lights and one is headlights. When the running light switch is is the DRLs, Amber Corner Lights, Raptor Grill Lights & Rear Running Lights are on. When the headlight switch is turned on the Headlights & Rear Brake Lights come on.

Also when rewiring the lights i also did away with the POS connects that they use at the lights. I replaced them with Delphi connectors.

Wayne
Sorry to pull up a thread thats 6 months old, but Z7 could you tell me which wires you tapped into for the Amber corner lights? I have my DRLs wired, but wasn’t sure which was the Amber corners to add to those DRLs

Also, what LEDs did you use for those Raptor grill lights?
SavannahBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-16-2021, 01:01 PM   #12
MYCART8A4RE
Getting Wild

Club Car

Any chance I can get anyone to tell me which wires do what on the alpha headlights. I'm not removing my current bucket harness and will be tapping into my current headlight harness to control the DRL, headlight and turn signals of the alpha headlights off the switch I have on my steering column already. Basically I have a full light kit installed anyway and am just adding the Alpha front cowl and headlights to my cart. Thanks!
MYCART8A4RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 08:30 PM   #13
kofifi
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYCART8A4RE View Post
Any chance I can get anyone to tell me which wires do what on the alpha headlights. I'm not removing my current bucket harness and will be tapping into my current headlight harness to control the DRL, headlight and turn signals of the alpha headlights off the switch I have on my steering column already. Basically I have a full light kit installed anyway and am just adding the Alpha front cowl and headlights to my cart. Thanks!
Did you ever figure this out?
kofifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 09:00 PM   #14
MYCART8A4RE
Getting Wild

Club Car

I did but has been a while. From what I can remember, w/o using the main Alpha harness it is still somewhat plug and play with most aftermarket light harnesses. There are 9 pin harnesses and 12 pin deluxe harnesses so you have to know what you have. Some harness may need a cut and splice for some things to work properly, again depending on what you have. In the end, if you already have a light kit with turn signals you can just tap into the appropriate wires for each light to work. The Alpha harness may plug into your main harness plug and then you just tap an additional wire in order for the drl lights to work. I know on the Alpha headlight kit there was a loose wire that was designed to tap into a 12v source to work, since the drl lights are optional. The Alpha headlight switch has a 3 way switch (drl on, headlight on/off) while most light kits are just 2 way (headlight on/off). If you want to run the drl lights by themselves you would have to run those wires to a separate switch, or just run to your headlights so they both come on together.
MYCART8A4RE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alpha body kit, lights, madjax
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car