lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2018, 08:39 PM   #1
trexhunter
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question RXV spindle noise

Had a noise in the front end of my rxv. Reading through some others with similar noise I ordered an a arm bushing kit and replaced the passenger side. Pleased with my ability as I have never done anything of this nature. Not pleased as I checked other rods under the cart and after some research feel it is in need of a spindle replacement as I cannot find a spindle bushing kit (noise is originating in the area circled at the top of the spindle pic attached). Since the spindle alone is $80 and I am considering a lift anyways, should I just bite the bullet and go ahead and get the spindle loft kit? This is used for neighborhood rides to the baseball fields and pool so I’m not worried about long ride comfort. Any particular brands/kits to look at specifically or any to avoid? Thanks all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2896F5A3-A2C7-4D18-AB01-6EE8F3131C97.jpg (96.7 KB, 0 views)
trexhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2018, 09:51 PM   #2
rngilliland
Gone Wild

Default Re: RXV spindle noise

There is a tube in the spindle. EZGO calls it a kingpin tube. You can find it on their site or ebay. You may just need a little anti seize or grease. I would take it apart and check for excessive wear and use some anti seize when you reassemble. That gap is normal and it will ride on the thrust washer when the tire is on the ground. As far as I can tell some amount of slop is normal.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:07 AM   #3
trexhunter
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV spindle noise

Thanks! The noise is new and is coming from that spindle so I will take it apart and see if it is the Kingpin tube. That is the one part in my manual that is numbered, but doesn't have corresponding part information. Thanks again!
trexhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO