lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2018, 10:25 AM   #1
MarkK
Not Yet Wild

Default Charger will not shut off

I have a 1983 CC DS 36 volt electric cart that I replaced the 6 volt batteries in and now when I charge the cart the charger will not shut off. It kicks on immediately when I plug it into the cart even with the cart fully charged. I had the charger checked to make sure it wasn't the charger and it is not. Any suggestions as to what to check?
MarkK is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2018, 10:55 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Charger will not shut off

The first charge can be the longest. Especially if your batteries have sat on the shelf for some time since the acid was added as often happens. Not unusual to see the charge go 12 hours the first time then less and less on subsequent charges. 45-46 volts is the cut off for most 36v chargers. As long as the charge current is low 5 amps or less after 8 hours let it go until finished.

I had a new set go 22 hours one time, freaked me out but I was dancing around when it cut off.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 06:00 PM   #3
MarkK
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the quick answer. They have charged 8 hours and the volts are 39.4 total. I stopped them because all of them are boiling and I don't want to do anything I shouldnt Is it okay to continue letting them charge up to the 45 or so volts if they are all boiling? Not sure if it will hurt anything.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:50 PM   #4
MarkK
Not Yet Wild

is it alright to let them boil continually? Will it hurt anything?
Old 06-03-2018, 03:19 PM   #5
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

@2.4 volts/cell the voltage needs to get to 43.2v to be completely charged. Double check that one isn't in backwards . When you say boiling do you mean vigorously boiling or more like a simmer. What type of charger do you have?
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 03:31 PM   #6
MarkK
Not Yet Wild

They are not at a vigorous boil, more like a simmer but you can here them. It has a Ultra Power II charger.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:18 PM   #7
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
more like a simmer
No problem let it run. While you're waiting for it to charge read over the service manual.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/64...page=10#manual
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
83 cc ds charging issues
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car