lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2018, 03:40 PM   #1
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Alltrax controller installation time

I will be doing this in the morning by myself. Very good will a wrench not good with electrical. Can someone give me a idea about how long this will take. Thanks
Hit it like a champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2018, 03:54 PM   #2
beachguysc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax controller installation time

I just replaced my factory controller with Alltrax 400 and new solenoid. It’s the most “electrical” thing I’ve ever done. I spent more time taking before pics of wiring. And studying now things go back in, than the actual physical installation. And triple checking and securing everything before I hit the tow switch back to run. I probably spent 4-5 hours altogether(and at least as many beers) . But just because I was very cautious. I could probably do it again in an hour.
beachguysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 04:23 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachguysc View Post
I just replaced my factory controller with Alltrax 400 and new solenoid. It’s the most “electrical” thing I’ve ever done. I spent more time taking before pics of wiring. And studying now things go back in, than the actual physical installation. And triple checking and securing everything before I hit the tow switch back to run. I probably spent 4-5 hours altogether(and at least as many beers) . But just because I was very cautious. I could probably do it again in an hour.
That is the right answer
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 04:50 PM   #4
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
That is the right answer
Minus the beer. It comes after your done.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 06:56 PM   #5
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok this might have to wait till Saturday I don’t want to half *** it.I start work at 1:30 in the afternoon + my grass needs cut. Might be a good idea to blow Friday off.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:52 PM   #6
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
That is the right answer
Is the pictures you have on your website carts unlimited still the best way to mount the controller. I see people posting pics of different ways to mount it.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:43 PM   #7
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

One of the frustrating things about installing it is the wires. Some of them are going to be a few inches short when trying to connect them. You'll have to cut some ty-raps and some of the split tubing and do some rerouting to get enough slack. But with a little trial and error they will all fit in the end. There shouldn't be any need to cut and splice wires. Stop by Lowes and pick you up a bag of assorted ty-raps to make it all neat again.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:14 PM   #8
beachguysc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
One of the frustrating things about installing it is the wires. Some of them are going to be a few inches short when trying to connect them. You'll have to cut some ty-raps and some of the split tubing and do some rerouting to get enough slack. But with a little trial and error they will all fit in the end. There shouldn't be any need to cut and splice wires. Stop by Lowes and pick you up a bag of assorted ty-raps to make it all neat again.
I ran into this as well. I have the 4x12 setup with the mounting plate in the middle of the batteries. The connection points on the Alltrax are on opposite sides from the factory controller, so I had to rearrange and drill new mounting holes. Also, not sure about the Alltrax 500, but the F1 and f2 connections in the Alltrax manual Were wrong . I had to switch those after my initial trial run.
beachguysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:29 PM   #9
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
So Walter how long did it take you if you don’t mind me asking?
Old 08-01-2018, 09:40 PM   #10
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

It took me about a 8 hrs. But I took extra pains. I didn't want it to look like Joe the Junkman did it. It was a character builder. I should add that included several trips to the hardware store.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car