lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2018, 12:05 AM   #21
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV upgrade-Looking for Bob Boyce

It's possible that you left one or both wires (or the little block with the small grey cable broke a wire in the grey 2 conductor cable) off of the battery terminals when you reinstalled the power cables for the controller. It's easy to miss one.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2018, 01:03 AM   #22
drhill
Not Yet Wild

yep, right on the money, I found the ground wire for charging port was not connected, it fell down into the dark recesses...back in business! Thank you Bob!
drhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 04:14 AM   #23
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:04 AM   #24
fordraptor
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Use of the PM system.

All new members CANNOT use the PM system until the following conditions have been met.

1. You have to make 3 post's. Keep in mind not all forums you post in count towards your post count total.
2. After you have made 3 post's on the NEXT 25th minute of the hour you will have the ability to use the pm system.

Examples. If you make your 3rd post at 3:20 pm, at 3:25 pm you will be able to use the PM system. If you make your 3rd post at 3:26 pm you will have to wait until 4:25 pm to use the pm system.

If you have not met the conditions to use the pm system do not ask to have your pm privileges turned on.
Abuse of the pm system will result in your pm privileges being turned off and/or possibly banned.
This explains it. Good information, thank you.
fordraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:46 AM   #25
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordraptor View Post
This explains it. Good information, thank you.

Looks like you'll be able to pm Bob now.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 08:11 AM   #26
kmbtjm1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Bob , so we can mail the controller to you or if your out travelling close to an area you will stop by to program? Have 2013 RXV with 235 , stock tires but looking to go to 20.5 or 21 inch tire on 14inch rims. Upgrading the hd brake as mine original one is locked right now. I did upgrade all wires to 2awg.
kmbtjm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 12:38 PM   #27
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The brake defaults to "locked", and has to have power applied to unlock. Also, it has only 2 states, fully locked & fully unlocked. During normal operation, it's only job is to hold a "already stopped" cart still, not "slow down a moving cart" which is done by motor & controller. In a panic stop (brake pedal mashed to the floor), the motor brake will lock while cart is in motion, but this is not normal, and very harmful to the motor brake.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:29 PM   #28
kmbtjm1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
The brake defaults to "locked", and has to have power applied to unlock. Also, it has only 2 states, fully locked & fully unlocked. During normal operation, it's only job is to hold a "already stopped" cart still, not "slow down a moving cart" which is done by motor & controller. In a panic stop (brake pedal mashed to the floor), the motor brake will lock while cart is in motion, but this is not normal, and very harmful to the motor brake.
Yes i know, i have had intermittent problems with it unlocking before , now when i turn the key on it only unlocks rarely. I did the lead switch underneath the run/tow switch and it doesnt unlock. I assume its bad and if i have to change it , i might as well change it to the one that is sealed. I assume the oem hd one is better than the standard one.
Old 03-25-2019, 01:43 AM   #29
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmbtjm1 View Post
Yes i know, i have had intermittent problems with it unlocking before , now when i turn the key on it only unlocks rarely. I did the lead switch underneath the run/tow switch and it doesnt unlock. I assume its bad and if i have to change it , i might as well change it to the one that is sealed. I assume the oem hd one is better than the standard one.
I hope you didn't think I was calling you dumb, or uninformed, as I was not. As long as you have the Curtis controller, OEM HD brake will be fine (anything called 2013 should, but verify it's curtis anyway). I actually just want to get the correct info into any properly related thread that I can, so more people searching can know how the system works. And to avoid misconceptions put out there by people who do not know, or bad sales/service guys who are clueless to the proper operation of a RXV motor brake.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 10:11 PM   #30
kmbtjm1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have read most of your's and Bob's post regarding the RXV and value your knowledge. I did find ezgo 617766 and ordered that. Replacing the differential fluid next as i knocked the plug out. Looking to try and replace the rear shocks with Monroe Airshocks, but need to measure and my shocks don't look like the ezgo shock pictures with eyebolts on both ends, i could swear mine have studs on both ends. Will have to get a picture and make another post for that.
Thanks for all your help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO