lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2018, 05:49 PM   #1
millersouth
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Ez go DCS Limo

I have 1998 Ez go DCS limo cart. Its not lifted and it has factory size tire no upgrades at all. Found a new Alltrax spm 300 amp controller at a good deal. Thinking about upgrading what all would I have to change over to upgrade and would it be worth it. Would it upgrade my performance at all speed/ torque.?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
millersouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2018, 06:13 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ez go DCS Limo

To use the SPM (series controller), you'd have to replace the sepex motor and control wiring harness, plus add a F/R switch assembly and mechanical linkage or install a reversing contactor. Speed would be about the same (12MPH or so), but you might gain a little low end torque.

For more speed, you'd have to go to a higher voltage battery pack (more speed and more torque) or taller tires (more speed and less torque).

Personally, I'd sell the SPM and buy a XCT controller. That would give you a bit more speed at 36V with about the same torque, maybe more. Of course, with a 42V or 48V battery pack you'd gain more speed and torque.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 06:33 PM   #3
millersouth
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So basically if I had a regular series cart it would work without changing anything

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
millersouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 06:55 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Yes, more or less.

You'd probably want to change the solenoid (stock is only 85A) and the high current cables (they are 6Ga and you ought to have 4Ga or thicker).
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO