lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2018, 08:13 AM   #1
Webber67
Not Yet Wild

Default New to me 2010 TXT48. What would you do to it?

So, I picked up a 2010 ezgo TXT 48 for a couple hundred bucks to turn into a hunting buggy. The batteries and wiring have been removed but overall is in decent shape. The cart still has the original motor.

I bought this cart bc I’m really wanting to start over replacing everything under the seat including batteries (not sure if I should do 6 8’s or 8 6’s?) motor, controller, F&R switch, 2g wires, new controller, solenoid, etc.

I’m wanting this project to be a hunting cart so it will have a moderate lift and larger tires. I would like a goo amount of torque and a moderate 20ish mph speed. My questions are, would you change everything over to a series system or stay with a Regen/Sepex system? Would also like to know which brand to go with? I will try to add pictures and info as I go with the transformation.

Just joined the forum so thanks for having me. First post so take it easy on me. Thanks again for the help.
Webber67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2018, 08:58 AM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New to me 2010 TXT48. What would you do to it?

Welcome to the forum!

I have a 2011 TXT48, but mine is not a hunting buggy.

I have a 6" lift, 23" tires, lithium conversion, Alltrax 300 amp controller, stock motor. If I were to do it again I'd go with slightly smaller tires and a smaller lift.

If you are going to stay with lead acid then you'll likely want a 400 or 500 amp Alltrax controller. I've heard the stock motor is ok with 400 but you have to turn down the 500 a little. I don't know if that's true, but that's what I've read.

I really like the regen braking, but when you get to speeds of 30mph an extra braking method is nice to have. Where I live it is flat, but if you live in a hilly region you may want to keep the regen braking of a sepex system. Series systems are good systems, but lack regen braking.

If your cart doesn't have HD rear springs already then you'll want them for when you throw a deer on the back seat footrest. With the alltrax and a sepex motor, you can dial in the max speed of the cart via motor RPM. I have mine limited to 5600rpm but if you want something around 22mph then you'll limit yours more. I think stock controller limits to 3600rpm.

Regardless of which motor you use please be sure to double check the field mapping programmed into your alltrax controller. Mine was delivered with the wrong field map and was horrible, the correct field mapping for the stock motor made night and day difference. Then if you upgrade the motor in the future you'll need to upgrade the field map as well.

Good luck!
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 09:20 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The TXT48 is the new 48 volt PDS. The TXT48 motor is bigger than the old PDS motor and it produces more torque. Depending upon the tire size (I recommend 20-22" over 23-25") and the terrain where it will be used and how many people will ride on it ... the stock motor may be all you need.

Use the original 6/8v batteries. Adding an extra 150 #s of battery weight is counter productive to performance upgrades, just like too big a tire is.

If the build budget is tight get the XCT500TXT48 controller turned down for the stock motor now and you can crank it up for any aftermarket motor later.
Plus the Alltrax XCT will give you the mid 20's speed you want while increasing power by 30-35%.

Again what you need depends upon what tire and load you put on the cart and where you need to go like Steep or Mild hills and hard pan or soft mud /sand. This is a great cart. No need to convert to slower series.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 10:01 AM   #4
Webber67
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I may keep the motor then. I am wanting to stay with 22” tires max and wanting lowest lift possible for that application. What lift would you recommend for 22” applications? I will also be adding a rear seat with max load being 4 people on the cart at any time, 2 adults, two children. scottyb could you post the link to the controller that you recommended? Thank you.
Old 11-25-2018, 04:56 PM   #5
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I do not know the minimum lift, but I do know you'll want those Heavy Duty rear leaf springs. If your cart doesn't have a rear seat or rear cargo box then you just have the standard duty springs. Those won't be up to the task for what you want. When you put in the HD rear springs you'll get anywhere from 1 to 2 inches in lift to the rear.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 05:31 PM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webber67 View Post
Thanks for the replies. Looks like I may keep the motor then. I am wanting to stay with 22” tires max and wanting lowest lift possible for that application. What lift would you recommend for 22” applications? I will also be adding a rear seat with max load being 4 people on the cart at any time, 2 adults, two children. scottyb could you post the link to the controller that you recommended? Thank you.
This page...

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/alltrax-xct-sepex--.html

Look at Item #11, the XCT500TXT48 with the 400A SuperDuty solenoid. Tell him what your application is when you order it and he will pre-program it for your application. You may want the 2 guage cable option.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:21 PM   #7
Webber67
Not Yet Wild

gc1.jpg

gc2.jpg

gc3.jpg

gc4.jpg

gc5.jpg
Old 12-06-2018, 10:23 PM   #8
Webber67
Not Yet Wild

gc6.jpg

gc7.jpg

gc8.jpg

gc9.jpg

gc10.jpg
Old 12-06-2018, 10:24 PM   #9
Webber67
Not Yet Wild

gc11.jpg

gc12.jpg

gc13.jpg

gc14.jpg

gc15.jpg
Old 12-06-2018, 10:25 PM   #10
Webber67
Not Yet Wild

gc16.jpg

gc17.jpg
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO