lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2018, 10:00 PM   #11
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Golf Cart Heater?

Not very useful for golf
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2018, 01:28 PM   #12
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
This is about as good as it gets on the market at this time. made by mr. Heater

Attachment 178910
I just got my Mr. Heater golf cart heater today. It seems like it is really well made, a little bigger than I expected, and seems to put out a good amount of heat. And according to the instructions, one bottle of propane should power it for over 5 hours. I'll install my new enclosure this weekend and see how well it works.
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 05:15 PM   #13
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

I installed my enclosure this morning and tried out the heater. The heater is a little large - it fits in the cup holder okay but it rubs again the dash cowling. Still works though, and it heats up really well. It was in the low 40s this morning, but inside my cart it was downright balmy!
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 10:21 PM   #14
69Bluez
Not Yet Wild

Great info guys.... I think Ol Santa will be dropping off a Mr Heater here in the next few days ...
69Bluez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 02:11 AM   #15
CV4Golf
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have a mister heater. I taped some flexible styrofoam around the bottom with tape so it does not rattle around in the cupholder. I do not have an enclosure, so it is not all that effective. Since there is no blower, just hot coils, you really need to be a few inches from it to feel it. That being said, it still helps to put your hands or face right in front of it for a quick warming up. Also, the cost of the mini lp tanks adds up fast if you are out playing almost daily.
CV4Golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 02:57 AM   #16
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I don't have the golf cart heater (the CC Carryall has heat) but I have the Mr. Heater "Big Boy" propane heater for the garage. I've had it for years with no trouble at all. If I was going to buy a golf cart heater it would be a Mr. Heater.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 07:51 AM   #17
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

After getting a soft side enclosure last winter I rigged up a mount in the cargo bed for our single burner camping heater/stove. It is much higher BTU than the golf cart heaters. It was far enough behind us to be safe but difficult to reach from the seat to adjust and needs a bbq lighter to start. It was good enough to prove a small heater in front would turn frigid to comfortable easily. Driving at 20mph allows a lot of air into the enclosure for ventilation but doesn't affect comfort much. That was last winter which was unusually cold for our area.

Using the enclosure alone makes a huge difference in comfort but I would like to add the Mr Heater to reduce the chill further and make it more user friendly than my test setup.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:27 AM   #18
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

MrGolf is correct the heater he pictured is the best on the market today. Coleman no longer makes the golfcat heater and the other ones I have tried are junk. I have the Mr. Heater now and it works great.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:42 AM   #19
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Mr. Heater has a great following and reputation.

Many hunters use the little buddy in their stands or blinds with great results during the cold months.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:45 AM   #20
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Best cart heater for me here is between April and November. The rest of the time one wears a hat and coat. Problem solved.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car