lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2018, 08:15 PM   #21
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: First ride in my cart

FWIW my Medalist is set up real similar to yours and the best it can do is 17 mph
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2018, 08:36 PM   #22
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtools View Post
FWIW my Medalist is set up real similar to yours and the best it can do is 17 mph
Thanks. Well, then it looks like I'm right where I should be. Still would like to see what the monitor file says.
70oldsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 10:36 PM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70oldsracer View Post
Thanks. Well, then it looks like I'm right where I should be. Still would like to see what the monitor file says.
Me too
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 10:48 PM   #24
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Me too
Does the monitor file look like everything is good?
Old 12-24-2018, 09:20 AM   #25
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The logs for the most part look OK, but there are a few anomaly errors every time the pedal is pressed.

It may just be a timing thing with the SR Controllers since the Pedal micro-switch provides the KSI input to the Controller.

Since You have a FN1 switch and the log showed the setting was on minimum, can You please post a picture of Your settings screen as well as the "Speed and Torque" curves?

I just want to double check the curves are not demanding current right at the time the pedal closes and what the FN range looks like.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:39 AM   #26
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The logs for the most part look OK, but there are a few anomaly errors every time the pedal is pressed.

It may just be a timing thing with the SR Controllers since the Pedal micro-switch provides the KSI input to the Controller.

Since You have a FN1 switch and the log showed the setting was on minimum, can You please post a picture of Your settings screen as well as the "Speed and Torque" curves?

I just want to double check the curves are not demanding current right at the time the pedal closes and what the FN range looks like.
I have not hooked up the FN1 switch as of yet. I basically just mounted it in the dash, but haven't connected it to the controller or set it up with my laptop. I'll try to get a pic of the speed and torque curves. I really don't know how to read the file, but it looks like the most current draw I saw was 200 amps, Is that a good thing?
Old 12-24-2018, 10:04 AM   #27
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70oldsracer View Post
I have not hooked up the FN1 switch as of yet. I basically just mounted it in the dash, but haven't connected it to the controller or set it up with my laptop. I'll try to get a pic of the speed and torque curves. I really don't know how to read the file, but it looks like the most current draw I saw was 200 amps, Is that a good thing?
As long as the Controller is still set for "Digital Switch" you are fine, but if the Controller was already set for "FN1", then with the FN1 switch unplugged the Controller would interpret that as the minimum setting for the dial.

You actually got Armature current above 290 amps, but there are so many runs and without knowing the conditions for each run it is hard to judge if the Controller and Motor were reacting appropriately.

Some of the runs show around 60 amps during 100% throttle, that would be about right for level pavement cruising current consumption.

I think You still have a stock Motor, so keeping the "throttle rate" low helps preventing the Motor for overheating since the Motor can use way more current (if allowed) during acceleration than it can convert to mechanical rotation.

The battery voltage seems to holding up fine during high current demand, but You started the tests with a battery voltage of only 49.6v.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:31 AM   #28
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
As long as the Controller is still set for "Digital Switch" you are fine, but if the Controller was already set for "FN1", then with the FN1 switch unplugged the Controller would interpret that as the minimum setting for the dial.

You actually got Armature current above 290 amps, but there are so many runs and without knowing the conditions for each run it is hard to judge if the Controller and Motor were reacting appropriately.

Some of the runs show around 60 amps during 100% throttle, that would be about right for level pavement cruising current consumption.

I think You still have a stock Motor, so keeping the "throttle rate" low helps preventing the Motor for overheating since the Motor can use way more current (if allowed) during acceleration than it can convert to mechanical rotation.

The battery voltage seems to holding up fine during high current demand, but You started the tests with a battery voltage of only 49.6v.
The FN1 switch was an after thought, so I'm sure Scotty set up the controller for use without it. The digital voltmeter (from Scotty) on my cart was showing 51.2 volts when I started the tests. I basically just went up and down my block on smooth pavement. The first run would be down and then back up. I had my brother on the cart with me too. As you can hopefully see from the pics, my street does have a pretty good incline to it, so the first run would be considered a downhill run.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5109.jpg (77.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5110.jpg (78.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-24-2018, 10:53 AM   #29
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Agreed, The batteries look like they are holding up under load. The motor pull near 300 amps at marker 604 and the 49v pack fell to 45v. That's good.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 11:00 AM   #30
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Agreed, The batteries look like they are holding up under load. The motor pull near 300 amps at marker 604 and the 49v pack fell to 45v. That's good.
Thanks Scotty, that's great news, I was a little worried about the batteries. Thanks for the great products and all your help. This site is great and so are the members. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone and their families, enjoy.

Frank
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO