lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2019, 03:41 PM   #11
Ransom276
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1998 ezgo dcs

No it didn’t activate when key is off just stays energized for long time. Been looking at volt meter for two mins with no drop in voltage with key off. Between the working cart and this one it looks like I got a big difference on my 10 pin connector on 1 and 2 pin wire which is white in 1 and black on 2. Good car with key on shows .45 on pin one and 14.04 on pin 2. Cart that didn’t run shows 0 on pin 1 and .25 on pin 2. Isn’t that the ITS wire if so I have checked the micro switch in floor board and it’s good also swapped out the black induction coil with another one and still get same voltage readings. I’m scratching my head hard on this one. Can the controller be bad and giving me crazy readings. Is there a way to check controller and see if it’s bad? Thanks
Ransom276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2019, 04:26 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The ITS throttle circuit has three parts, two are in the controller and one in the pedal box. The ITS sensor in the pedal box is used by several makes and models of controllers, and the voltage specs on the black and white wires are unique to the specific make/model of controller.

The microswitch located in the pedal box is not part of the throttle circuit.

------------
Read and perform paragraph #3 on the service manual page I posted.

Sounds like you have a bad in-line connector between the controller and pedal box, or a bad controller.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:34 PM   #13
Ransom276
Not Yet Wild

Ok I have looked at what you sent as far as the 10 pin connector. The number 2 pin is reading 0 at all times. It’s says in diagram that if you unplug the 6 pin and it is less than 14 volts then it’s the controller. With it reading 0 all the time I feel like I’m missing something. Just want to be certain controller is bad before I buy a new one. Also the controller side of solenoid never drains pack voltage off unless I unplug the 10 pin connector.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:21 PM   #14
Ransom276
Not Yet Wild

I took a controller off another dcs cart and guess what that was the problem it works great now!! So got to order another controller now. Thanks for the help johnie b!!
Old 04-14-2019, 10:46 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 11:02 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Take a look at the Alltrax XCT controllers for DCS.
The 400 model will give about 30% more power and 22-23 mph with the stock motor and wheels.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO