lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2019, 06:54 PM   #11
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Default Re: Solenoid Clicks- Cart won't engage- 2005 EZGO TXT PDS

We have a guy who has an XCT in a DCS with the same 6 red flash code from the LED.

IT'S NOT ALWAYS BATTERIES! His solenoid would click and then you'd get 6 red flashes and it'd shut down. The solenoid was bad. Clicking solenoid doesn't = good solenoid.

Alltrax should really revise that manual a bit. the 6 red flash MIGHT be bad batteries, or low voltage, but could also be a bad solenoid, too. I can count 5 instances where the solenoid was the culprit, not voltages.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2019, 11:48 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
1. We have a guy who has an XCT in a DCS with the same 6 red flash code from the LED.

2. IT'S NOT ALWAYS BATTERIES! His solenoid would click and then you'd get 6 red flashes and it'd shut down. The solenoid was bad. Clicking solenoid doesn't = good solenoid.

3. Alltrax should really revise that manual a bit. the 6 red flash MIGHT be bad batteries, or low voltage, but could also be a bad solenoid, too. I can count 5 instances where the solenoid was the culprit, not voltages.
1. The OP has an Alltrax DCX controller and your guy has an XCT and the two do not share the same error codes. DCX has a series of red flashes while the XCY has a sequence of green flashes followed by red flashes.

2. Since the OP's cart runs in one direction, but not the other, clicking solenoid does in fact = good solenoid. (In this specific instance, not so in others.)

3. My wish is Alltrax would list the specific sets of conditions that trigger the various error codes. That way the more obscure reasons for an error code could more readily be identified by a competent troubleshooter.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 11:48 AM   #13
EZGO1910
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Nick. I was wondering if the solenoid could be the problem as well, but since it works fine in reverse, I'm not sure if that could still be a solenoid issue or not. I would prefer that as it's a cheaper fix than the controller.

I left a message for Alltrax support, so hopefully they'll call me back tomorrow with some help. Guessing I may just need to suck it up and buy a new controller.

Unfortunately I don't have the cord to plug it into my laptop, so I can't adjust any of the levels if I needed to.
EZGO1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 12:24 PM   #14
EZGO1910
Not Yet Wild

UPDATE- Replaced my old standard solenoid with a new 200 amp one and have not had any further problems of going in forward like I had before. Glad it was a relatively simple fix. Thanks all.
EZGO1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO