lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2020, 04:00 PM   #1
Matt01
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Not how, but WHY to bypass the OBC?

Hello Guys, I have received much help from the various threads and info on this forum, much thanks for that.

I just upgraded my 2011 I2 CC with a kit from ScottyB, highly recommend btw for fast shipping and good support.

2G Wires
Alltrax 500 controller
Upgraded Soleniod
Admiral A-2 Motor

Just finished bolting all this on, ran around the hood grinning like a dummy at 26mph with 33in wheels

Plugged in the charger and it wont charge.

I am lucky that my neighbor the same charger for his, I tried that and got same result so the problem is with the OBC or the Wiring.

My other neighbor has an ERIC charger for his so I should be able to bypass the OBC and borrow his to charge them up for right now, correct?

the bigger question is Why to bypass the OBC? is charging all that it controls now with the new motor, controller, etc.?

thanks for your opinion/help!
Matt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2020, 04:55 PM   #2
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Not how, but WHY to bypass the OBC?

If the charger worked before the upgrades the OBC is not the problem. I would double check the wiring because if it is all wired correctly the charger should still work. That said if you want to get a smart charger you will have to bypass the OBC.
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 04:58 PM   #3
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Yes, double check your wiring. It’ll work like it did before once wired correctly.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 06:51 PM   #4
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Did you run the negative through the hole in the OBC or worst yet did you enlarge the hole in the OBC?
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 08:25 AM   #5
Matt01
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So i connected the Black wire from the harness to the NEG post 6 and the ERIC charger would do nothing. but my normal charger worked? it was obvious the OBC was not controlling it because it just cranked all the way up to max output and stayed there... i left it on for about 2 hours until the batts (measuring all the way across the pack with a multitester) was about 50.

I am very confident that I did not damage the OBC or make the hole bigger or such. I did use the screw with rubber washer and cables joined on each side as part of the kit.

I will double check all the wiring, thanks for the help!
Matt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 09:41 AM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The old 6ga black cable that went through the OBC had another 10ga black wire crimped together at the Controller B- terminal lug.

Make sure that 10ga cable (OBC output) was connected to B- using a new 5/16" ring connector.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car