lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2020, 11:18 PM   #1
w4thm
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default on board genset?

just throwing around silly tinkerer ideas.

anybody seen these?
https://www.harborfreight.com/electr...arb-63025.html

one guy brought one out to a ham radio event in December and the thing was fairly quiet and efficient. one some carts, it may even fit under the body.

had me thinking.. i wonder if it could be coupled to a current limited switching power supply set to battery float voltage. gonna go for a long ride, pull the rope and use it as a range extender or crank it up when you get to your location and leave it purring while you have lunch.
w4thm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2020, 09:40 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: on board genset?

Probably would be borderline on having enough current to support the charger. 700 watts is a little low but if you are just topping off it might work.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:24 AM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: on board genset?

The amount of power you could replenish into the pack using a charger of any sort would not make enough difference to really notice a change in the overall range of the pack. You would have to stop for several hours for the pack to replenish enough to have a noticeable change, assuming you are using a 15 amp charger. In which case you would need something closer to 1500w supply power) Consider that a fully depleted pack (50% SOC) normally takes around 10 - 12 hours of charging to fully recharge. If you were to use a 5amp trickle charger the charge rate is so low you would not reach a full pack charge.... ever. Making any noticeable difference in how far the cart can go would take 6-7 hours of constant charging.

The better and more efficient thing to do would be to buy a gas cart IMO.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car