lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2020, 11:09 PM   #1
rice8010
Not Yet Wild

Default 295 Robin's rebuild or upgrade?

My 295 Robin's is on its last leg. Only holding about 60psi dry and very sluggish to get started. I checked and adjusted valves but it didn't help much.

My problem is I dont know what to do. Pull my old engine an have a shop rebuild it? I looked into Vegas carts but I want to stay under $1000. My cart is only used in trails at our seasonal campground and sees alot of mud and hills. I seen a older thread about buying a refurbished motor bored over but cant find any info on it. Any help is appreciated

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
rice8010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2020, 06:36 AM   #2
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 295 Robin's rebuild or upgrade?

I have had nothing but perfect dealings buying rebuilt engines from Motors & More in Appling,Ga;give Cindy a call @ 888-846-0055
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 12:06 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

You could get a Vegas clone swap for under $1000. The big block mounting cradle and cvtech clutch is about $450 shipped. Another 30 for a belt. I used a lifan 15hp and opted for the more expensive one with heavy duty charging system (18 amp I think, vs 2-3 amp in most clones) was $450 shipped to my door. Plus some miscellaneous hardware and some time setting everything up. My cart was lifted which made it a LOT easier fitting everything. Stock height you'll need a low profile airbox (Vegas carts sells them) and exhaust setup. So a few more bucks there for that stuff. I had the motor dropped in exactly as it came out of the box, gas tank and all in under a day. The vegas cradle really made it easy. I also used the "big block" cradle instead of the "clone 460" cradle so saved an inch or so clearance with that choice also. I'll have to look and see if I have pictures or videos still

If you have a local shop that does good work, I'd have them do it. I'm not a fan of shipping my engine across the country. They're big, heavy, and even when packed securely still have a lot of chance for getting damaged.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 01:01 PM   #4
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mule View Post
I have had nothing but perfect dealings buying rebuilt engines from Motors & More in Appling,Ga;give Cindy a call @ 888-846-0055
I second that one
trig123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 01:13 PM   #5
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I am in a similar predicament, and I had talked with Motors and More about their rebuilds. Easy to reach, communication is good. Sounds like they disassemble incoming cores, check all critical measurements for existing components, re-use anything within spec provided it isn't close to out of spec, replace anything out of spec or broken, and test run when re-built. I would have gone that way if I didn't have the ability to do the same myself, and maybe even would have anyway if I didn't have this itch to do what CP recommended above, and go with an aftermarket mill.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 09:00 AM   #6
ScottE
Not Yet Wild

My 295 locked up yesterday. It was running bad and once I stopped it was stuck. I need to pull it out and see what is broke. Glad I checked here this morning, I'll call Motors & More today to see about their rebuilds.
ScottE is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO