lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2021, 10:28 PM   #21
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: 1995 Club Car DS Upgrade Gone Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
That part is obsolete. You will need an MCOR 4 conversion kit.

Contact site sponsor Dave at "Revolution Golf Cars." I'm pretty sure he is the only one here who sells the whole kit, and it is not a cheap Chinese knockoff.
yup call David
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2021, 11:43 PM   #22
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sorry, but I feel like I'm missing part of the story. Why are you replacing the
throttle control?

Did you ever connect your laptop to the Alltrax controller to see what throttle setting it is set to?

I'm concerned that you are confusing the Alltrax throttle setting with the actual throttle control. I hope I'm wrong.
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 03:54 AM   #23
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCNorth View Post
Sorry, but I feel like I'm missing part of the story. Why are you replacing the
throttle control?

Did you ever connect your laptop to the Alltrax controller to see what throttle setting it is set to?

I'm concerned that you are confusing the Alltrax throttle setting with the actual throttle control. I hope I'm wrong.
Read everything above CC. I could be wrong but I ASSumed the OP had determined the problem was the throttle because of his last post. I don't know anything about the controller he has.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 01:39 PM   #24
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Read everything above CC. I could be wrong but I ASSumed the OP had determined the problem was the throttle because of his last post. I don't know anything about the controller he has.
Okay, I read it again. I'm still concerned. Here is my rationale:

"Throttle Sensor Type” is the setting that ScottyB and Dlab were telling him to check. It is set at the factory based upon the cart the owner tells Alltrax that they own. Mistakes can occur. Also, owners can change this setting and some do so in an attempt to solve what they think is a problem.
Who knows what the PO may have changed.
The wrong setting can cause the exact problem Dan was/is having and this is why Scotty-B and Dlab suggested checking the setting.
For example, some owners will make the mistake of selecting the 5k-0 2 wire throttle. Alltrax points out this is NOT a CC throttle and the 5k-0 3 wire throttle should be selected. Again, just an example. There is a list to choose from.

In post #13 Dan says “I still lose power” and that he had not yet attached a laptop to the Alltrax controller to check the above setting. He’s still concentrating on battery voltage.

In post #18 he states he’ll try the Alltrax settings but clearly is reluctant to do so. I read this to say that he does not understand what he needs to do. I can’t blame him at all! It all sounds confusing to him and he’s taking Alltrax at their word that the basic settings should be correct and no need to change them.

Dan goes away for 9 months and when he reappears he says “I FINALLY got under the cart”, as if this was something suggested to him on this forum. This is why I was concerned. How did he determine the throttle control is not working? If the Alltrax throttle type setting is incorrect then he’s going to a lot of trouble and expense for nothing.

Also, if he upgrades to a MCOR he MAY have to select yet another throttle type in the Alltrax settings. That’s a question for ScottyB. I’m NOT sure because I have little knowledge about DS carts.

Hope my concern now makes sense.
Old 06-06-2021, 02:37 PM   #25
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Okay, I read it again. I'm still concerned. Here is my rationale:

"Throttle Sensor Type” is the setting that ScottyB and Dlab were telling him to check. It is set at the factory based upon the cart the owner tells Alltrax that they own. Mistakes can occur. Also, owners can change this setting and some do so in an attempt to solve what they think is a problem.
Who knows what the PO may have changed.
The wrong setting can cause the exact problem Dan was/is having and this is why Scotty-B and Dlab suggested checking the setting.
For example, some owners will make the mistake of selecting the 5k-0 2 wire throttle. Alltrax points out this is NOT a CC throttle and the 5k-0 3 wire throttle should be selected. Again, just an example. There is a list to choose from.

In post #13 Dan says “I still lose power” and that he had not yet attached a laptop to the Alltrax controller to check the above setting. He’s still concentrating on battery voltage.

In post #18 he states he’ll try the Alltrax settings but clearly is reluctant to do so. I read this to say that he does not understand what he needs to do. I can’t blame him at all! It all sounds confusing to him and he’s taking Alltrax at their word that the basic settings should be correct and no need to change them.

Dan goes away for 9 months and when he reappears he says “I FINALLY got under the cart”, as if this was something suggested to him on this forum. This is why I was concerned. How did he determine the throttle control is not working? If the Alltrax throttle type setting is incorrect then he’s going to a lot of trouble and expense for nothing.

Also, if he upgrades to a MCOR he MAY have to select yet another throttle type in the Alltrax settings. That’s a question for ScottyB. I’m NOT sure because I have little knowledge about DS carts.

Hope my concern now makes sense.
Yeah I don't know how he determined the pot was bad. But I still have to assume he didn't take it out because it was working. IDK. I suppose we'll find out in 9 months.
Old 06-06-2021, 09:34 PM   #26
Dan Kendall
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks Mooncrater, much appreciated! I'll give Dave a try.
Dan Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 09:43 PM   #27
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Kendall View Post
Thanks Mooncrater, much appreciated! I'll give Dave a try.
Old 06-07-2021, 01:36 AM   #28
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Oh well, we still don't know.
Old 06-07-2021, 03:04 AM   #29
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Oh well, we still don't know.
And we don't. We will (I hope) because I think he is focused on it now.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car