lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-28-2020, 03:37 PM   #1
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Club Car DS Series throttle question.

Having some issues with a 48 volt series club car barely moving. Battery voltage is solid no dropping. It has a MCOR. When I check the ohms between the two throttle wires I'm getting 12k ohms throttle up, and 6k ohms throttle down. Shouldn't that be 5k-0k? Also what is the throttle output voltage and input voltage suppose to be on these carts? I think it's a throttle issue. Just trying to verify.
Thanks!
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-28-2020, 03:47 PM   #2
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Club Car DS Series throttle question.

I'm only getting 2v on the throttle output pin on the controller and 1 volt coming back from the MCOR with pedal down. Pack voltage on pin 1. Bad controller??
Old 11-29-2020, 07:26 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I am not a club car guy but I wouldn’t worry about the voltage on those pins as it is reading a pot vs being a switch. As for impedance some of those have resistors in the harness so that could skew your readings.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 04:36 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

What year is the cart?

Should have about 5v coming from the controller to throttle if I remember right.

Where are you taking voltage readings? Where is your meter black lead for those readings?
Where are you taking resistance readings for the MCOR? At the MCOR or at the controller?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 04:45 PM   #5
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
What year is the cart?

Should have about 5v coming from the controller to throttle if I remember right.

Where are you taking voltage readings? Where is your meter black lead for those readings?

Where are you taking resistance readings for the MCOR? At the MCOR or at the controller?
It's an 01. I'm getting 2v out, and that is with negative lead on the main B- post, and positive lead on pin 2 with pedal pressed enough to engage solenoid. Input voltage is 1v on pin 3 with pedal down. Resistance was between pin wires 2&3 unplugged from the controller.
Old 11-30-2020, 10:25 AM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The MCORs before the "4" model were around 1k to 6k range.

There is also a 5.1K resistor added in Series with the Throttle when the FNR is in Reverse.

Your readings indicate the FNR was in Reverse or the reduced speed micro-switch failed and the resistor is in the circuit full time.

The voltage on Terminal #2 should be fixed at around 5v.

The voltage on terminal #3 should be the throttle signal (wiper output from MCOR) and vary between 0.3v and 4.65v as You press the pedal when in Forward.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 10:40 AM   #7
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The MCORs before the "4" model were around 1k to 6k range.

There is also a 5.1K resistor added in Series with the Throttle when the FNR is in Reverse.

Your readings indicate the FNR was in Reverse or the reduced speed micro-switch failed and the resistor is in the circuit full time.

The voltage on Terminal #2 should be fixed at around 5v.

The voltage on terminal #3 should be the throttle signal (wiper output from MCOR) and vary between 0.3v and 4.65v as You press the pedal when in Forward.
Thanks Sergio! I think it may have been in reverse when took those readings. I think I can conclude the throttle output on the controller is bad as I can only get 2 volts out of pin 2. The cart will try to move a little, but it's only getting 1 volt back from the MCOR, and WOT should be around 5 volts. Correct?
Old 11-30-2020, 10:51 AM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If it was in Reverse the maximum voltage on terminal #3 should have been around 2.5v.

I suggest you repeat the test with the FNR in Neutral and if you still get the high resistance and low voltage readings by-pass the reverse micro-switchg by jumping the Green and the White wires together on micro-switch #3.
Old 11-30-2020, 07:25 PM   #9
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
If it was in Reverse the maximum voltage on terminal #3 should have been around 2.5v.

I suggest you repeat the test with the FNR in Neutral and if you still get the high resistance and low voltage readings by-pass the reverse micro-switchg by jumping the Green and the White wires together on micro-switch #3.
Regardless of which position the forward and reverse is, I'm only getting 2 volts on pin 2 (output) and 1 volt return pedal down. I jumped green and white wires on the forward and reverse micro switch. No difference in how the cart runs (or don't run). Resistance is 7.2 ohms pedal up and 1.2 pedal down. Same results when connect the 2 wires back to the micro switch. I'm still leaning towards controller not supplying enough throttle voltage. What you think?
Old 12-01-2020, 06:48 AM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If You have a 3-wire throttle, pack voltage on Terminal #1 and are only getting 2v on Terminal #2 with the MCOR wire disconnected from the terminal, then it sounds like the Controller is bad.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car