lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2020, 12:25 PM   #11
cokerta
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Club Car Project

I would have been close to 2k into the resistor cart once converting it to IQ and adding batteries and still would have a lot of cosmetic work to do.
Hopefully the one I check out today I can fix up for under $1500 if I get it. I hope you guys are in for helping me out because CC I am not too familiar with.
cokerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2020, 08:58 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I generally don’t pay much attention to cosmetic condition. Some vinyl, paint, and care goes a long way. It can be tedious and time consuming, but doesn’t cost a lot out of pocket. It’s a labor of love :)

It’s the electronics that cost all the money. And starting with a good 48v foundation will give a good head start vs. a 36v resistor base.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 06:29 PM   #13
cokerta
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Project DS update, I ended up purchasing the 98 CC DS for $600 when I went to check it out it was trying to move but couldn't, so when I got it home I checked the batteries the pack was showing 48 volts but it wouldn't power the lights unless the charger was hooked up, so I decided to do a battery swap with my Ezgo, and just like that I have a good running cart but surprisingly the batteries that came out of it push my ezgo with no problem. Charged up the old batteries with my ezgo onboard charger and now have 50 volts. The batteries are 2014's so they are going to be replaced. Now for the rest of the work, I will have to replace the battery tray and clean up some of the wiring, to my surprise the forward and reverse lever has been replaced with a dash toggle switch.
The frame is bent where the batteries are, my question is should I try to straighten it or leave it alone it does not appear to be causing a problem that I have noticed?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Club Car DS 1998.jpg (281.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Club Car DS Shift Conversion.jpg (236.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Club Car Battery Pack.jpg (207.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Club Car DS Bent Frame.jpg (253.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-05-2020, 06:40 PM   #14
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

You did good for $600, the wheels are nice and you have either restorable batteries or good cores. The bend you mean is the one in the battery tray?
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 06:42 PM   #15
cokerta
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes the bend is the rear frame of the battery tray
Old 12-06-2020, 12:07 PM   #16
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Extended roof is another big bonus at that price. Nice find! Looks like the bend is right near the leaf spring tabs is the only negative there.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 05:03 PM   #17
cokerta
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

A few other problems that I need to address, 1. I don't thing the batteries were charging, the cart came with a Thunderbull 20 amp 48VDC Charger. they had it hooked up as an onboard charger with the charger sitting in the bagwell, Knowing that this is not a CC charger I know the OBC needs to be bypassed for this charger to work and following the sticky it doesn't appear to have been bypassed, When I tried removing the yellow wire from the solenoid and running it to pack neg the cart will not move, am I doing this wrong?
The charger works when I hook it up to my Ezgo but not when it's hooked to the CC.
Old 12-06-2020, 05:19 PM   #18
morvolts2
Gone Wild

you may have knocked off some corrosion on cables or posts when you moved the batteries.
This will also prevent charger and system from working properly.
Coke or pepsi followed by plenty of water rinse will kill most of the corrosion.
Apply your favorite anti corrosion grease after
morvolts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car