lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2021, 09:07 PM   #1
Bpace
Not Yet Wild

Default RXV very slow then quit, added parts, still quit.

I'm helping an elderly man fix an 09 RXV.
For a few days it seemed to take a couple key switches and pedal presses to get it going. Next 2-3 times out it would only go 1-2 mph.
Now it wont move, relay clicks on.
Pack is 49V.
I replaced gas and brake pots and switches, same result.
Oscilloscope showed encoder was bad, replaced bearing encoder, encoder output is working.
Brake has been removed but plugged in for testing.
Cart still wont go. What to look for next?
Bpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2021, 05:53 AM   #2
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV very slow then quit, added parts, still quit.

Couple ideas. First, 49V is on the lower end of the spectrum. Maybe give the batteries a good charge. Second, the motor does a twist test during startup to test the brake. If the brake is not on the motor, it would fail that test I think. I had a 2009 a while back with similar symptoms where I had to turn the key a few times then it just stopped. Turned out to be my solenoid. There's a good troubleshooting guide on here for the Danaher RXV's if you do a search. Good luck with it.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 07:46 AM   #3
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Also I might add to pull back on both pedals toward the driver when it won't go to see if that helps. The pedals must be at the zero position or the cart won't go.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 02:05 AM   #4
gruelens
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

jneubig is correct, with the motor brake removed, the cart will not pass the start up sequence an RXV cart performs each time you turn the key on.

Also, your RXV might "think" there is a charging cord inserted in the cart's charging port. Raise the seat, at the back of female charging port should be a blue wire. That wire should have 48+ volts (pack voltage) on it.

Take a jumper wire, place one end on the battery pack + terminal, the other end on the blue wire behind the charging port. If that clicks the solenoid and gets you going, replace the charging port mounted in the cart (there is a small circuit board and fuse in that port). All the best.
gruelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO