lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2021, 12:14 PM   #11
Rich427
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Adding turn signals to 2012 RXV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I disagree, if you remove the cupholder, you will find your answer. The aftermarket kit has a 3X3 plug (9 pin locations total). The oem kit has a 2X5 (10 pin locations total).
cgtech, thanks for your comments. My cart dealer told me that the square connector that is located in a square hole in the bottom section of the cup holder is for diagnostics. I didn't realize that the cart was so sophisticated that it had a plug in for a diagnostics tool. So, my question to you, is that square connector (assuming it is a 9 pin) different than the 3x3 plug you refereneced as part of an aftermarket kit? If so, then if I open up the cup holder again, and if it has the a 2x5 10 pin connector, with another pig tail connected to it, then I would have an oem kit in my cart. Correct?

Thanks everyone for the help.
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2021, 02:46 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yes, and I forgot to mention the diagnostic port, it has nothing to do with the light plugs I mentioned.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 08:33 AM   #13
Rich427
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Yes, and I forgot to mention the diagnostic port, it has nothing to do with the light plugs I mentioned.
Thanks cgtech! Thats what I needed to know.
Old 05-07-2021, 10:53 AM   #14
Rich427
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Sorry, but I am just getting back to my turn signal project. cgtech, you responded with great information and that if I had a wiring connector that was 3x3 that was the aftermarket light kit, and if I had a 2x5 connector, that was the OEM kit. So, I was encouraged that I had the OEM kit. But, I just pulled the cup holder apart again this morning and found that I have 2x4 connector and not a 2x5. Based on prior comments, I'm now guessing that this is an aftermarket light kit. But, does anyone have an idea which one? I have posted a picture of the connector on the pigtail so it would be clear to everyone which harness I have. Unfortunately, I am not clear. Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210507_114102.jpg (57.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-08-2021, 07:17 AM   #15
Rich427
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

bump
Old 05-08-2021, 02:04 PM   #16
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

That's likely oem, I think i misspoke. Did it have a jumper plug with grey wires on the end? (That's a sign of oem).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 05:53 PM   #17
Rich427
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
That's likely oem, I think i misspoke. Did it have a jumper plug with grey wires on the end? (That's a sign of oem).
Hey cgtech, thank you for jumping back in. Yes, the picture of the male end of the 2x4 8 pin connector, I am actually holding the 3 grey wire pigtail. I took another picture below after I plugged the 8 pin connector back into the wiring harness. The female side of the connector had 7 wires running from the connector back into the harness. If you are right and this is an oem harness, can you or anyone else direct me to where I can buy the turn signal kit that plugs into this 8 pin oem connector? I have looked on line, looked at a number of golf cart shops that sell parts on line, and almost everyone is reluctant to recommend what I need. I see kits from RHOX, Madjax, and some called universal, which scares the bejesus out of me. But, I haven't found anyone that sells an oem kit. Thanks for all the help so far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210508_110331.jpg (158.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-08-2021, 08:32 PM   #18
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

They proud of those. 604511
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 12:46 PM   #19
Rich427
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, its done. Finally! I looked around on line at various suppliers for the OEM 604511 turn signal kit and every place I looked it was out of stock. So, I took a gamble and purchased the RHOX LGT-113 plug and play kit. This kit doesn't have a horn as part of the turn signal assembly. I have a floor mounted horn button, so this is what I needed. This kit has a harness coming from the turn signal unit that you mount to the steering column, and the connector is a square 3x3 9 pin connector. It also comes with a small jumper cable that has a 9 pin connector on one side and a 2 x 4 8 pin connector. One end of the jumper cable goes into the 9 pin connector on the supplied harness and the other goes into the OEM wiring harness where the 8 pin pigtail is removed. The supplied harness also has a 2 x 5 10 connector with a rectangular flasher attached. You have to remove that flasher to get the harness behind the dash.

The installation was for the most part, pretty easy and the instructions were very good with pictures. My issue is that I have a carbon fiber dash overlay with locking storage boxes. This overlay is slightly larger than the dash around the steering column and next to the cup holder assembly. This made fishing the harness behind the dash and into the area under the cup holder top. Where the I wanted to mount the turn signal switch on the steering column made the fit a little tight. I could have used another 2 inches in length on the harness. So, I had to modify the side of the bottom cup holder with a Dremel tool and make a U shaped opening to just barely get the flasher and its portion of the harness inside of the cup holder assembly. Once reassembled, the U shaped hole that I cut is not visible. But other than that, it really is a plug and play operation as advertise. My cart now has turn signals and emergency flashers. Long story short, if you are trying to add turn signals to your RXV with an OEM wiring harness, and like me you cannot locate an OEM kit, the RHOX LGT-113 will work just fine.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO