lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2021, 04:05 PM   #1
turkish_ff
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Alltrax Bluetooth Module Settings and Other Issues

The goods:
08 TXT 48 (converted from 36)
Alltrax XCT
MJ 400A Solenoid
Admiral B4

The above all from Scotty B

A few questions and maybe those that have experience with the Alltrax Bluetooth Module and settings can chime in.

When I have the Alltrax Settings at Factory Defaults, it seems to run fine...really fast and a lot of get up off the line. Which is great for me, but I want something safe for when my wife and two teen daughters drive it. I attempted to go in the settings on the app and modify to what I thought was safer. This will be pic heavy, so I apologize. Here are the factory default settings:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1918.jpg (59.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1919.jpg (58.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1920.jpg (55.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1921.jpg (54.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1922.jpg (60.1 KB, 0 views)
turkish_ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2021, 04:12 PM   #2
turkish_ff
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax Bluetooth Module Settings and Other Issues

Here is what I changed the settings (red circle) too and what happens after the change:

First imgur video is what the cart looks/sounds like when pedal is depressed
https://imgur.com/a/pJyj8LT

Second imgur video is what the "readings" are on the alltrax app when pedal is depressed.
https://imgur.com/a/pwzAS7D

When I actually have the cart on all 4s, it is a jerky/jumping feeling.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1914.jpg (56.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-26-2021, 04:13 PM   #3
turkish_ff
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So long story short, a few issues I'm trying to work through. Anybody with the Alltrax Bluetooth Module and App have settings that seem to work for them both in a "fun" and "safe" mode?
Old 04-26-2021, 04:29 PM   #4
turkish_ff
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Additional info:

Did three separate readings from the app

1st: Idle
2nd: Pedal just past solenoid click
3rd: Pedal to floor (P2F)

Something I noticed when I had the pedal to the floor, the app was only reading 3% throttle. Could this be a bad ITS or 4 pin molex issue?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1927.jpg (53.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1928.jpg (54.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1926.jpg (54.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-27-2021, 01:29 PM   #5
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I set up a kiddie mode/mommy mode and daddy mode on mine with the 3-mode personality switch offered by Scotty.

Initially I dropped the throttle response rate quite low and that was no good, it didn't cause the jerkiness, but it made the cart so sluggish and unresponsive that it was hard to drive safely since it could not get out of it's own way. Think of the response rate as how fast or slowly the cart realizes the pedal has moved. So at a stop sign someone waves you on, you mash the throttle and the cart acts like it doesn't know anything happened yet...

I ended up setting the throttle response back up to the prior value but I lowered the max amps. Amps = torque, so I set the max amps to 185 in kiddie mode. So the cart will accelerate immediately, just much less vigorously. Every cart is different so you may need to set it to 200 or 225 amps. In Mommy mode I set mine to 250 amps and daddy mode I set it to 300amps with a higher throttle response rate (which is actually rather vigorous on my lithium cart).

Mommy and Daddy mode still have Turbo on, but I turned it off for Kiddie mode.

I also changed the max RPM, in daddy mode my max RPM is set to 5850 or so (can't remember exactly), in mommy mode it's set to 4900 rpm and in kiddie mode I think it's set to 3100 rpm. 3,000 to 3,200 had my cart going 15 or so mph if I remember correctly. The cart lives in Mommy mode now that the kids are a little older.

You will want to play around with these values a bit, but 1,000 rpm is really way too low. Probably would max out at 5 or 6 mph.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 01:54 PM   #6
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkish_ff View Post
Additional info:

Did three separate readings from the app

1st: Idle
2nd: Pedal just past solenoid click
3rd: Pedal to floor (P2F)

Something I noticed when I had the pedal to the floor, the app was only reading 3% throttle. Could this be a bad ITS or 4 pin molex issue?

Could be, but first: Have you tried going to Controller settings and clear the auto cal for the throttle. Then with KS on, FNR in N, push pedal to the floor and see if you then get full throttle on the app.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 01:14 PM   #7
turkish_ff
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I’ll give those suggestions a shot, thx fellas
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO