lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2021, 02:32 PM   #1
tsmith_co
Getting Wild

Default Long Ramps 9.5' vs 11'

I currently have Harbor Freight 84" curved ramps. They worked ok on my 2012 f250. Slightly concerning and def the limit of incline I would ever want.

Enter the replcement truck. As you know, starting in 2017, Ford decided everything should be bigger. So my '18 f250 is taller. (I've actually replaced the 3.5" rear block with a 1.5" block to assist with my gooseneck trailers clearance, but it's still taller then the old truck).

So, it seems that LongRamps are the best solution. OTher reviews of say Triton seem iffy, and they are about the same price.

So the question is, are the 9.5' enough? They are rating for 2000lbs, whereas the 11' are lower at 1600lbs. (HF ramps are 1400lbs and seemed sturdy).

What have y'all used on newer trucks and what's your thoughts?

Thanks!
tsmith_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM   #2
Modrodr
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Long Ramps 9.5' vs 11'

I use 10' folding ramps. They are 1500 lb capacity each and work well. Loading into a Ram 250 4wd, which also sits up pretty high. I don't think I would want to go any shorter.
Modrodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 08:27 AM   #3
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I too have 2016 F250. With the factory oversized tires tail gate was too high for my 10’ ramps. Ended up going with Titan 14’ folding ramps.
I use them several times a year to transport cart over to my toy hauler fifth wheel so I can load it in camper before putting hitch back in truck bed.

The long ramps give me a much better angle to load and I never felt unsafe or worried when useing then compared to the Titan 10’ ramps. 14’ ramps are also wider so that really helps since my txt wheel base is wider in rear then front width.
Only draw back is they hang out back of my 6’6” bed when folded.
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 11:41 AM   #4
jhnmflr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have had these for a few years now and love them!

10' L x 19" W Big Boy Aluminum Folding Single Runner Motorcycle Ramp by Black Widow
jhnmflr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO