lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2021, 07:11 AM   #1
mdahlhauser
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO 5bc48jb896 Motor terminals

Hi Everyone, this is my first post so please be kind. I received a mid 90's EZGO Golf Cart. Not sure the year because the dashboard is missing so there is no serial number but I think its 94 or 95. This thing has been a bit Frankensteined I can't really figure it out based on the layout of the batteries (3 batteries on each side of the controller). Anyway my question is about the motor that is on it. Model 5bc48jb896 original 2hp 36V. The wires aren't attached and there are no marking so I can't tell which terminals do what. There are 4 in a straight line with one a bit separated from the other 3, I have attached a picture of a new one I found online for reference. I have looked everywhere online for a diagram of some kind for this exact motor but I am unable to figure it out. Can someone please help and tell me the terminal layout ie A1 A2 S1 S2? Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5BC48JB896_Drive_4e79f80b34e0a.jpg (44.5 KB, 0 views)
mdahlhauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2021, 10:38 PM   #2
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Re: EZGO 5bc48jb896 Motor terminals

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdahlhauser View Post
Hi Everyone, this is my first post so please be kind. I received a mid 90's EZGO Golf Cart. Not sure the year because the dashboard is missing so there is no serial number but I think its 94 or 95. This thing has been a bit Frankensteined I can't really figure it out based on the layout of the batteries (3 batteries on each side of the controller). Anyway my question is about the motor that is on it. Model 5bc48jb896 original 2hp 36V. The wires aren't attached and there are no marking so I can't tell which terminals do what. There are 4 in a straight line with one a bit separated from the other 3, I have attached a picture of a new one I found online for reference. I have looked everywhere online for a diagram of some kind for this exact motor but I am unable to figure it out. Can someone please help and tell me the terminal layout ie A1 A2 S1 S2? Thanks
Some of the experts here can probably answer that by sight. However, worst case scenario, you can open the motor and look. A1 and A2 are connected to the brushes, s1 and s2 are connected to the field windings.

the 1 and 2 numbers do not matter, though the cart may run in reverse when it is supposed to run forward and vice versa.

Current goes in A1 and out A2 then goes in s1 and out s2 or in s2 and out s1 (controlled by F/R switch).
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 07:27 AM   #3
mdahlhauser
Not Yet Wild

I figured it. Helps that I finally found the serial number which makes it a 1992, what was throwing me off was the front was replaced by a later rounded body so I thought it was a 95 or 96. I have attached a photo to help anyone else. It goes A1 --- S2 - A2 - S1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210513_122441.jpg (209.4 KB, 0 views)
mdahlhauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 12:29 PM   #4
Vediz
Not Yet Wild

I have the same motor. Is there a way to test the motor to see if it works by connecting a jumper?
Vediz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 01:47 PM   #5
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vediz View Post
I have the same motor. Is there a way to test the motor to see if it works by connecting a jumper?
See ScottyB's post in your other thread.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO