lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2021, 09:46 AM   #1
RogerA
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Anyone using the MODZ Max48 15 amp charger for their RXV?

I have read several posts about the EZGO RXV Powerwise QE 48 not being the best charger around and prone to failing after several years. Our cart is a 2015 RXV Freedom 48 with 6 8v Trojan batteries. New batteries in 2019. Although I'm not sure, my guess is this charger is 7 years old. Working fine now, but I want to be prepared if it quits. The Lester and DPI have both been suggested as replacements, but after reading about the MODZ Max 48 15 amp, I like the float charge feature in their unit. Anyone here using it? Or how does it compare to the Factory EZGO charger, the Lester, or the DPI? So what is your experience with the best replacement 48 volt charger for the RXV EZGO? THANKS!
RogerA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2021, 10:49 AM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Anyone using the MODZ Max48 15 amp charger for their RXV?

Those seem to be unique to golfcartking who used to be a sponsor here. I have seen them other places like Walmart but if you look they were supplied by golfcartking. A year or more ago some people in the Club Car section were trying them. I haven't heard anything bad about them over there. I think there might have been some issues with golfcartking not related to the charger. I don't know about service or repair should it be needed. Are they available now? They weren't a while ago. Lester and DPI have a variety of golf cart chargers and customer support including web portals where you can buy parts.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 12:44 PM   #3
RogerA
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Anyone using the MODZ Max48 15 amp charger for their RXV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Those seem to be unique to golfcartking who used to be a sponsor here. I have seen them other places like Walmart but if you look they were supplied by golfcartking. A year or more ago some people in the Club Car section were trying them. I haven't heard anything bad about them over there. I think there might have been some issues with golfcartking not related to the charger. I don't know about service or repair should it be needed. Are they available now? They weren't a while ago. Lester and DPI have a variety of golf cart chargers and customer support including web portals where you can buy parts.
Since Golf Cart King is located just 18 miles away from me here in Austin Texas, and as you said, it has very good reviews, I am thinking about it as a replacement should my factory charger stop working. THANKS!
RogerA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO