lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2021, 10:26 AM   #1
oldbeefcake
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default MZJ-400A Solenoid for AC kit

Does anyone have a picture of how-to hook up the wiring using the Navista AC kits using this solenoid? I searched on youtube but only could find someone using a cutis solenoid. I think I have the wiring figured out based on what the person explained in the video, but I would like to make sure I have it correct. Thanks.
oldbeefcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2021, 06:09 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: MZJ-400A Solenoid for AC kit

Small wires go to the small posts, big wires go to the big posts. Not much to figure out really. It’s not directional, so polarity doesn’t matter.
As to whether it needs a suppression diode on the small posts, the Navitas documentation should say if that is required. Usually it is, to prevent damage to the key switch or microswitches.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 07:44 PM   #3
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Small wires go to the small posts, big wires go to the big posts. Not much to figure out really. It’s not directional, so polarity doesn’t matter.

As to whether it needs a suppression diode on the small posts, the Navitas documentation should say if that is required. Usually it is, to prevent damage to the key switch or microswitches.
Like he said! Should be the same as any other solenoid. I'm installing that kit on a precedent this weekend for the first time. I don't think it requires the diode or resistor, but I'll let you know when I dig deeper in the instructions.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 02:56 PM   #4
oldbeefcake
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the clarification. Keep me posted on your install. Would love to see some pictures and advise on the install. My kit is expected to arrive next week.
oldbeefcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 01:32 PM   #5
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I did my first AC conversion yesterday. It is pretty straight forward if you're familiar with carts at all. It is pretty much plug and play. The cart I was working with is a precedent with the 4 12 volts. The mounting plate did not fit exact, but I made it work fairly easy. Match up the 3 motor cables according to the letters. Plug in the temp and speed sensor wires, and existing harness plug, and the On the fly programmer, and your good to go. Motor clearance is tight on the precedent. I was fortunate enough on this one, the owner had removed the rear body, so this one was easy, but I could see it being tuff coming in from underneath. What little I drove it, it seemed to have plenty of speed and torque. This was the 4kw version.

Old 06-07-2021, 01:36 PM   #6
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbeefcake View Post
Does anyone have a picture of how-to hook up the wiring using the Navista AC kits using this solenoid? I searched on youtube but only could find someone using a cutis solenoid. I think I have the wiring figured out based on what the person explained in the video, but I would like to make sure I have it correct. Thanks.
Solenoid is as follows: B+ to one side of the solenoid from the batteries. The other side of solenoid goes to B+ terminal on the controller. No resistor or diode on solenoid.

Old 06-08-2021, 12:20 AM   #7
Bobbob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Also should have the tow/run wire which is pink then goes to a red wire at a spade connector. This is attached to large lug on B+ battery side of solenoid. I used a diode on my small terminals but Navitas says you really don’t need it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car