lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2021, 12:34 PM   #1
19TXTFLA
Not Yet Wild

Default Is this a 12V converter??? pic.

I'm new to the golf cart world and dealing with 48V battery systems. I want to add some accessories to my 2019 EZGO Freedom TXT but I'm not sure where to start. I was going to buy a 48V to 12V converter but I noticed this under the seat. It appears to me to be a converter. If it is, how do you guys recommend wiring accessories? Do you ground directly to the frame and run the positive or should I run the ground back to the battery/ground block? I'm use to wiring on boats and cars but this is new to me. Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12v #2.jpg (81.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 12V converter.jpg (90.1 KB, 0 views)
19TXTFLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2021, 12:37 PM   #2
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Is this a 12V converter??? pic.

Ground everything back to the converter. Never use frame ground on an electric vehicle.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 12:49 PM   #3
19TXTFLA
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the quick reply sthreatt! So in the picture with the fuse block.. the side with the green wire is the negative and red positive? Would I just run power to that fuse block? Thanks
Old 06-21-2021, 01:00 PM   #4
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19TXTFLA View Post
Thanks for the quick reply sthreatt! So in the picture with the fuse block.. the side with the green wire is the negative and red positive? Would I just run power to that fuse block? Thanks
No. In that picture, the green wire supplies power to one end of all the fuses, and the other ends of the fuses are all + power to something. I can't tell from that where they ground back to.
Old 06-21-2021, 01:07 PM   #5
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You'll notice that with that fuse block, the side with the green wire, ALL the fuses are connected by a brass strap to that one green connector. It gives each fuse power. The other end of the fuses are separated and go out to different devices. You still have 2 unused positions on that fuse block to wire to.
Old 06-21-2021, 01:53 PM   #6
19TXTFLA
Not Yet Wild

Thanks!! That makes sense. Much appreciated.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:29 AM   #7
19TXTFLA
Not Yet Wild

I used an LED light to test my converter last night... I'm not getting any power off that fuse block. I grounded it back to the battery and tried all the positive terminals. What's going on? The light lit right up when connecting directly to the 8V battery but nothing on the fuse block???
Old 06-22-2021, 10:52 AM   #8
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19TXTFLA View Post
I used an LED light to test my converter last night... I'm not getting any power off that fuse block. I grounded it back to the battery and tried all the positive terminals. What's going on? The light lit right up when connecting directly to the 8V battery but nothing on the fuse block???
Is there no power on the green wire feeding the fuse block ? If all points on the other end are dead, then either there is no power on the green or all the fuses are blown.
Old 06-22-2021, 12:27 PM   #9
19TXTFLA
Not Yet Wild

Hmmm. I'll check it out tonight. Thanks again for all your help
Old 06-22-2021, 12:37 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Pack negative is the 12 volt negative and the green wire going to the fuse box is positive. If it is not working try turning the key on and check again. Possibly the converter is bad also. Should be a wiring diagram on the converter.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO