lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2021, 11:26 AM   #1
jnowicki5001
Not Yet Wild

Default Electric pedal / NO PARKING BRAKE?!?!

Recently, I purchased the solid state conversion kit from cartsunlimited.com. The instructions were not consistent with my model. I have since installed the kit on my 99 Club car DS. Everything is great until the physical install of the electronic pedal. Removing the old gas pedal required me to remove the pedal from the shaft. With that being said, I do not have an ability to engage the parking brake.

Previously, the parking brake tooth would be sprung forward by the gas pedal spring return. Then the parking brake would be engaged. The break would disengage by pressing the gas pedal, moving the tooth from the parking break and disengaging the parking brake. How is this possible without the gas pedal now? I can not figure out the mechanics of the parking brake. Please help
jnowicki5001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2021, 06:25 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Electric pedal / NO PARKING BRAKE?!?!

The parking brake is set by the park pawl engaging the ratchet that is on the end of the GO pedal shaft.
To retain that function with the electronic pedal you need to cut the GO pedal off where it will be just below the floor, and reinstall the shaft with the park brake ratchet.
The return spring for the GO pedal also has to be in place or else the lever will just flip forward.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 04:36 PM   #3
WC53
Getting Wild
Club Car

I just went through this. They talk about two different pedals in the instructions. Cross out the version for the years yours isn’t.
It confused me at first. You have to use the L bracket supplied for the older cart. The newer version you just put the parts minus the go pedal back on and adjust parking brake using the tension on spring. You will see it slowly move the pawl as you tighten the spring bolt.

You lose the function of automatically removing the brake when stepping on the gas.
WC53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 07:49 PM   #4
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The brake release with the go pedal won't happen any more. You will need to press the brake pedal anywhere except the park corner on the top left and the brake will release.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car