lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2021, 01:09 PM   #1
graphictees
Not Yet Wild

Default Slow Speed Issue

I have a 2010 Alumacar. When I try to drive it, it moves very slow and then I get this error code (Trac 73). Does anyone have experience with these vehicles and error codes?

I was told that these have the same parts as a Club Car Precedent,however I can't find the same motor. This company was bought out by Excar (China). I was able to contact them via email and was told that this is a speed sensor problem, but I can't even locate the speed sensor. Another person told me that the bearings are usually the issue with this motor. Is there anyone familiar with this motor? See Pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Error Code.jpg (706.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Motor1.jpg (825.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg motor2.jpg (848.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20210629-185907_Facebook.jpg (70.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Dash.jpg (796.3 KB, 0 views)
graphictees is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2021, 04:25 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Alumacar Issue

Club car never used an AC motor system in the precedent. The body and frame are the same, the electronics are not.
The speed sensor may be internal in the motor. It is one of the smaller wire sets that goes to the end. It looks like that motor may have a speed sensor and a temp sensor.
The speed sensor will generally have 3 wires, but not always.
If you can remove it you may be able to find one at en electronics supplier, but if not then it will likely have to come from Excar.

Really kind of redundant IMO for an AC motor of that design to need a speed sensor since the processor in the controller already knows how fast the motor is spinning based on the phase frequency, but I’m guessing they have a reason for using it.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 04:46 PM   #3
graphictees
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the info. Either way it seems like the motor must be removed to service it. This is a huge and heavy motor. I don't know where to begin. It's a great cart otherwise.
Old 07-06-2021, 02:32 PM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

There is nothing club car about that cart. I hear that all the time, but nothing interchanges.
Parts are hard to find, sorry but good luck
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 09:24 AM   #5
graphictees
Not Yet Wild

Can I just switch the parts out for Club Car parts?
Old 07-25-2022, 07:15 AM   #6
iknownothing
Not Yet Wild

I had a clubcar carryall with what looks like the same motor, and i had to replace the speed sensor which is actualy an encoder encased in a end bearing, found a replacement on aliexpress it’s 6206 bearing encoder used in forklifts.
iknownothing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alumacar
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car