lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2021, 12:14 AM   #1
ronn7425
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO PDS Controller, Soleniod, Reed Switch?

2006 EZGO Electric with 1206 Controller.

I screwed up and I need help. Long story short I was working on the wiring at the ignition / Battery gauge. I accidentally crossed the the black and white leading to the battery gauge causing a small fire and completely fried the line.

I pulled the fried wiring out and hooked things back up without the gauge. The cart no longer worked and I assumed I must have damaged the controller so I got a new curtis controller and put it in. Still nothing. Not even a solenoid click.

I read through as much as I could and tried to test things. Heres where I stand:

Reed Switch shows 37 Volts

F/R Switch on dash shows 37 Volts coming from the grey wire and the switch is operating fine and shows 37 Volts going to Orange and Green respectively when engage.

Key Switch shows 37 volts from white wire and puts 37 Volts out to Y/White wire.

Foot Pedal Micro Switch shows 37 Volts from white wire and operates fine powering green wire with 37 Volts.

Solenoid itself tests out OK and I can get it to engage manually. This is where I run into problems and need some help to figure out whats what. When the solenoid is hooked up it doesn't act right and it seems to me the wires aren't doing what they are supposed to do. The blue is supposed to be - and the Yellow +. When the ignition is on and the direction switch in Forward I get 36 Volts on the yellow wire without pushing the foot pedal. Is this right? It seems to me that it should show nothing and 36Volts when the foot pedal is pushed. The blue wire shows a good ground when the cart is in tow mode but when it's on it reads like 32 volts - (Negative lead on pack positive and red lead on blue wire).

So this is where I am. Ive gone through the series of circuits up to the solenoid to a dead end of a non clicking solenoid.

Thanks in advance for any help.
ronn7425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2021, 07:48 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: EZGO PDS Controller, Soleniod, Reed Switch?

Blue goes to ground when the pedal is pushed. Voltage on yellow is correct. Voltage on the blue is coming through the solenoid so that is also normal. Foot pedal switch should be green and red. White and black are throttle..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 10:20 AM   #3
ronn7425
Not Yet Wild

The foot pedal micro switch is red to green and it is working. I mis spoke in my previous post.

So if the yellow wire is B+ when cart is on and in Forward and the solenoid is activated by ground then blue is my problem. When disconnected from the solenoid the blue is showing good ground when the cart is not in gear. My voltmeter gives me a 37-38 reading when I probe it with the red probe and black probe on Battery Pack +. Running the same test on blue wire with cart on and in Forward I get a lower reading of 35 and no change when depressing the foot pedal. The blue is just not providing enough ground to engage the solenoid.

The foot pedal microswitch is working and giving B+ to the green wire back to the controller. When the micro switch is engaged there is no change to the blue wire.

The controller is putting out a "weak -" on the blue wire? Is the foot pedal micro switch supposed to send B+ to the controller and in turn the controller strengthen the ground to engage the solenoid?
Old 08-23-2021, 10:44 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Controller won’t pull blue to ground unless all the conditions are met to do so. F or R selected, key on, pedal up. Then pedal pushed. If all of these are met and it won’t go controller is probably bad.
Old 08-23-2021, 10:53 AM   #5
ronn7425
Not Yet Wild

That is very bad news. I just installed that controller. It cost me 420.00.
Old 08-23-2021, 10:56 AM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well here is the diagram if you want to check out everything else. May want to check the run tow switch as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 81F2FE55-EC3D-4F96-BDCD-F1C98B5CDEE1.jpeg (125.5 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO