lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2009, 01:19 PM   #1
firechief52
Not Yet Wild

Cool Textron 26984-Wiring Prob.

My son has the Textron 26984 (36 V). It is not doing anything (hum, etc.). I opened it up and noticed MOV 1 on the terminal block is broken (wire).

What does MOV 1 do? Can I jump around it?

p.s. After noticing the MOV 1 broken I looked at the cart batteries. He had two battery connectors that were broken. So I assume the charger was not kicking in due to it not seeing the required voltage. So at this point not sure if it is the charger of the cart (batteries). Have to get past this MOV 1 issue first.

Thanks much.

- sam
firechief52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2009, 01:21 PM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Textron 26984-Wiring Prob.

What is a MOV 1? Can you repair the broken wire and try again? Seems loigical...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:49 PM   #3
firechief52
Not Yet Wild

Sorry. That can be a good question. There is a diagram located in another thread (I had originaly posted my question there). To find the diagram that shows MOV 1 do a search on Textron Charger 26984, select that thread and scroll down to a posting by CARTS ZONE. This is the diagram.

The reason I can't solder the wire is that it is a little resister looking thing. When you see the picture of MOV 1 you'll see what I'm speaking of.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:55 PM   #4
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So this is a CHARGER question and not a CART question?

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:57 PM   #5
firechief52
Not Yet Wild

Correct - Charger
Old 11-11-2009, 01:30 PM   #6
jeepwm69
Not Yet Wild

mov can be bought at radio shack for $2. It is a varistor, and from what I understand works as overload protection. Your charger should work without it. The MOV protects the other components from overload. Not necessary for charger to work, only there to keep more expensive parts from being fried. You need to replace it, but it's not what's keeping the charger from cutting on.
jeepwm69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #7
johnydii
Not Yet Wild

I know this is an old post but I had to add a little info. Metal oxide varistor is to protect from over voltage input to the charger. When good they will have a high to Infinite resistant. The charger does not need to work as jeepwm69 stated. If you short mov1 or mov2 it will blow the main fuse. These things are in Surge protectors that you buy and plug into your electronics.
johnydii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
textron-dead in the water
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO