lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2008, 09:18 PM   #21
whateverittakes
Getting Wild

Default Re: need Help 2002 ezgo 36 volt pds golf cart

I just tried junping the solenoid with the key on and pedal pressed and it still don't do anything. Does that mean the solenoid is bad or the controller?
whateverittakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2008, 10:22 PM   #22
outback
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Your lights are 12v, while your batteries are 6v. Put your lights and other 12v accessories accross two batteries in series, which makes 12v.

On a side note..., if you are having trouble putting stuff back together and making it run, and it ran before you took it appart, the most important thing is to get the cart running.

Disconnect everthing except what is necessary to move. Start from there. Check your batteries individually, then in series..., making sure they are in series.

Without seeing what you have, all we can do is guess. Taking some photos and uploading them to the site will tell/show us lot more than a few posts.
outback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:24 PM   #23
whateverittakes
Getting Wild

I have done everything you just said and it's all ok
Old 07-02-2008, 10:26 PM   #24
roady89
nimda
Club Car

The cart not moving when the solenoid is jumped suggest's that the controller is bad or a bad connection somewhere.....problem I see with that is....if everything worked fine before the light install and you just hooked up lights the controller should be fine. At any point during your install did anything spark? Do you have a volt meter?
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:52 PM   #25
whateverittakes
Getting Wild

This is what all I have did from the start. I changed the body on the cart today. I also added headlights and taillights. Instead of hooking the lights to 12 volts. I hooked them to 36 volts. It blew the bulbs in the headlights and tail lights but their was no sparks. I replaced the bulbs and unhooked the light harness from the batterys. I tried to move the cart and it will not move or make any noise. I tested the key switch and its good. I then tested the forward and reverse switch and it's good. I check the charger wires white black and red they are plugged up right. I checked to make sure the wires from the key switch to the controller had not been cut or pinched They are ok as well. I have checked the voltage on each battery and they read 6.4 volts each. They batterys total volts read 38.50 so the batterys are good. I jacked the back of the cart up and jumped the solenoid with the key on and the gas pedal pressed down and it didn't even make a noise. Please help. Let me know what you guys think is going on
Old 07-02-2008, 11:02 PM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Bingo!
YOu hooked the lights up to the two batteries where the reed switch is also connected......Check it out with your voltmeter.
Just my guess, Mike was right......
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:13 PM   #27
whateverittakes
Getting Wild

Where is the reed switch? You want me to check the voltage? is the reed switch the red wire coming out of where your charger plugs in?
Old 07-02-2008, 11:15 PM   #28
roady89
nimda
Club Car

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ch-bypass.html
Old 07-02-2008, 11:24 PM   #29
whateverittakes
Getting Wild

So I basically unhook the red wire from inside the charger plug and cut off the red wire back to the wire turns white and rehook that white wire where the red wire was. Is that right?
Old 07-02-2008, 11:27 PM   #30
roady89
nimda
Club Car

I wouldn't cut anything until you KNOW the reed switch is blown. Make a small jumper wire first.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO