lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Has anyone changed rear end gears on RXV?

My cart is a 2009 RXV on all stock electronics as there doesn't seem to be many upgrades available and all I read about reprogramming the controller is good luck finding a dealer. Has anyone put the higher speed gears into one? I have 14" rims mounted on 23" tires with a 6" lift. Not looking for 30 mph but around 25 would be nice. My cart is more of a pavement princess but it does need to climb heels around the golf coarse I live on. I just don't want to sacrafice to much torque for speed.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2012, 10:45 PM   #2
cfeuerhahn
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Has anyone changed rear end gears on RXV?

With a 23" tire, you will get 24-25mph at the max controller setting which is somewhere around 19.5 on stock tires. I'm running 23's, and that's what I get. I'm am too curious about changing gears. I want to hit 27-29.
cfeuerhahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:59 PM   #3
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Mine is headed into the shop to get some tune work done. Ill update on status of performance. If I get into gearing I will post update but am looking at the medium speed gears with the larger tires should be 28-30 MPH my guess. With a 6"lift lift 32+ MPH might be a bit to much.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #4
Buggity
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey, not trying to hack your thread. But, what type of lift do y'all have on each of your carts. I like the look of both in your profile pics and trying to decide on mine. Thanks
Buggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:50 AM   #5
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Jake's 6"lift with 14"x23" tires
Old 05-24-2012, 10:13 AM   #6
Hagen
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Jerj have you got a Freedom or just regular RXV? I have the Freedom and it come set to max speed of 19.5mph You should be good with the bigger tires because I have 14's on street tires and it's right at 23mph now
Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:27 PM   #7
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Finally got cart regrogrammed and it is up to 29 mph. With lift and bigger tires let me tell you you don't want to go any faster. It is a handful and demands respect.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #8
cfeuerhahn
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Did you change the gears? All I can get out of mine is 24-25. I verified it by mobile gps and one of those speed carts the cops put out. I was told by my friend who works on ezgos, I had the max setting. I want your secret!
cfeuerhahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #9
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My local golf cart store did it. Only reprogrammed, I checked one he had with 25" tires and it got to 32 mph according to gps. Mine is slightly slower with 23" tire of coarse. Not sure what they are doing. I will talk to the head mechanic we are becoming friends as I keep spending money!!!!
Old 07-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #10
Hagen
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Very cool. You know I have the 14inch rims without a lift and still getting around 23mph with the 19.5 speed setting. I have been consider lifting mine as well to get near 30 mph but I sure do like my handling right now. How is your take off speed? Have you noticed much difference?
Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO