lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #11
rhinomike
Getting Wild

Default Re: Heavy Duty Rearend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastbuggy View Post
I have a friend that loads his with people and about 120 ice cold miller lites and has never had a problem. 2K sounds a bit high to me but i guess with shop labor being around 90+ an hour it adds up quick. I guess he did suggest putting a new one in.
Yes.... I had to put a new one in.... Over the weekend I pulled it apart to add more Bearing Lock to the bearing. I thought I got the C Clip on all the way.... but I didnt. It came off. I cant beleive it. I have had both sides apart 10+ times. The axle slapped arounnd and did a little damage. It was buggered up in there. I couldnt get the oil seal in or get the bearing to sit in far enough to put the c clip back in..... So something had to be done. I could save about $700.00 and do a stock rear end.... But I think the upgrade will be good.

We put 6 people in the cart. I am 6 foot 2 and 300 pounds. My wife is small. With all 4 teenage boys we are about 1000 pounds. Add 2 batteries in the bag well and the rear seat. Also I have wide offset wheels. That adds leverage and pressure to the axles and bearings.
rhinomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #12
rhinomike
Getting Wild

Looking at the EzGo website.... The stock TXT has a rear gear ratio of 12.4:1. Is that what my 2004 PDS will be?

The Shuttle 6 gear ratio will be 14.7:1.... Is that a big difference?

Sorry if that is a dumb question. But I dont know anything about gears.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:42 PM   #13
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

you will have more acceleration. you might loose 2-3 mph, but you might even get more range since the cart wont have to work so hard to move the load.

BTw, good lookin, not too many home made stretchs look proportional.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #14
rhinomike
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by COURTESYCART View Post
you will have more acceleration. you might loose 2-3 mph, but you might even get more range since the cart wont have to work so hard to move the load.

BTw, good lookin, not too many home made stretchs look proportional.
Thank u. I love the cart. It is great for me, the wife and our 4 boys. U dont see many on the streets here in California.

I just talked to the guy that did my AC conversion. He said no problem. He can hook up the laptop and get my 3 mph back. I have it set at 28mph right now. No need to go faster than that for us.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #15
1fastbuggy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Where is that seat pod from? wicked carts?
1fastbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:31 PM   #16
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

ac is the way to go, that unit can spin more RPM's. glad you can get it reprogrammed.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:34 PM   #17
rhinomike
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastbuggy View Post
Where is that seat pod from? wicked carts?
The front seat pod is custom made. It is hollow in the back and great for storage. We used the back of an EzGo cart and cut the fenders off. I will post pics of it tomorrow when I am at my computer.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:35 AM   #18
1fastbuggy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks we all love to see every bodies custom work
1fastbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:50 PM   #19
rhinomike
Getting Wild

Got my cart back yesterday from the local dealer.... Complete new rear end and brakes off the Super 6...... It rides nice. Its quieter now. I lost 3 to 4 mph on top end with the lower gears. But it accelerates far better.

I took it to High Performance in Ontario today. In about 5 minutes they adjsuted the motor RPM to get me back up to 27mph. I am all good now. I love that AC Motor and Controller.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #20
rhinomike
Getting Wild

Here is the pics of my seat pod that I promised. Let me know if you have any questions.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO