lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
sherco
Not Yet Wild

Default Advice---Club Car or EZ Go ?

I can get a 2007 Club Car Precedent with new batteries---it's the four 12 volt battery system---or--- a 2007 TXT with six new 8v Trojans. both are identically equipped--seat, lights etc.

My use will be driving around a gated community on flat ground, and average trip of three or four miles, and a occasional/rare trip of ten miles.

I am right on the ocean and everything I own rusts and this concerns me about the TXT. There is ying and yang to each cart---
------any advice?
sherco is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Advice---Club Car or EZ Go ?

I believe the two are fairly equal. I assume the EZGO is a PDS, which from my experience, is good for the flat level ground you have. You might get a different opinion from the Club Car section though . Battery capacity in the EZGO is superior to the battery capacity in the CC (EZGO 6 - 8's should have more run time). The rust concerns are valid and probably favors the aluminum framed CC. Good luck - RAY

Last edited by bigstik40; 12-09-2012 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: correction
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Keep your EZGO clean and monitor/correct any rust issues and it will last forever. Then again, the same can be said about the CC. The 6/8 configuration will, as stated, give you more drive time, etc. and they will last longer, (all other things being equal), than the 4/12 configuation. But, 6 batteries are more expensive to replace than 4. So, what you save by buying 4 batteries you expend by buying them more often.
I'm not trying to make things harder for you, just ensure every arguement is brought out. In the end, it boils down to which do you like better? Is it body style? Is it accessories? They are both fine carts with large followings. But, since this is the EZGO section......... :)
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #4
sherco
Not Yet Wild

EZGO is not a pds but speed isnt a big concern.. If I want to go fast I'll use my car. I think from what I'm hearing that either will be ok. There re so many little goofy things that influence these decisions--don't like the cup h9older location on the CC, do like the low cut front body of the CC with great up-close visibility. Coin flip?
sherco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #5
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Slow clap..

E...Z go... E..Z go... EZ GO!!!
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:37 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

If you're into DIY, you might be happier with the EZGO.

I may be wrong because I haven't searched for CC stuff as extensively, but I believe the technical information, schematics, wiring diagrams and manuals needed for troubleshooting and repair are more readily available on-line for most EZGO models (other than RXV) while the pickings are mighty thin for the CC line.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO