lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
Gonecarting
Not Yet Wild

Default 06 Club Car moves 4' forward and stops

Just brought this 48v car a few months ago and ran fine, ran it down a long hill and another 1/4 mile and stopped for 10 minutes. Tried to move and it only went 2' and stopped, same in reverse,2' and stopped. Tried a few more times and would not move at all. Towed back and put on charge after 12 hours tried again and it moved 5' in both directions and stopped. Jacked up and motor did not lock, only one wheel turned, held it and the other engaged. Put back on ground and 5' both directions. While watching the motor just before it stops the motor torques in the direction going and then the car stops almost like putting an emergency brake on.

Thanks for any suggestions
Kevin
Gonecarting is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2013, 11:25 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: 06 Club Car moves 4' forward and stops

How old are the batts?
Welcome to BGW!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:44 PM   #3
Gonecarting
Not Yet Wild

Batteries are in good shape only a year old, all read 13+ volts when charged and 50v connected. A follow up to my post, I removed the motor to see if there was any binding in it or the diff. Both spun freely and no noise. I put back together and tried again and to be more specific the cart goes the second the accelerator is depressed but after 5' it is as if i took my foot off the pedal and the cart stops. Depress the pedal and it moves 2' and stops, then it will not move even though the motor engages . Same occurs in reverse.

Thanks for the welcome.

Kevin
Old 06-30-2013, 10:57 PM   #4
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

I would do a speed sensor test. (Look in above stickies)
If that's not it, the MCOR could've gone bad...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:47 AM   #5
Gonecarting
Not Yet Wild

Speed sensor test checks out fine, back up alarm comes on both forward and reverse. Is the MCOR the black box mounted behind the batteries? I am not familiar with cart terminology but could this problem be associated with something connected to the accelerator? It acts almost like a bad rheostat that is shorted, as it is turned the voltage increases until it comes to the short and disconnects the power, signal. The cart is acting the same way moves as soon as you engage the accelerator and then stops when full or 5', what's puzzling is after two tries you can see the motor twist but won't move the cart. If it is the MCOR is there somewhere I can send it to be troubleshooted and repaired or is this a throw away and buy new, can I assume this is a pricey component?
Old 07-02-2013, 08:17 AM   #6
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Mcor is under the pedal assembly, it is a little black box that controls throttle output. They are around $150 and if its bad it is a throw away part.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 06:34 PM   #7
GCH
Not Yet Wild

We went through this with a 99 carryall, the car would intermittently quit running in 5- 8 feet, forward or reverse. The confusing thing was that you thing it's the FNR, replace it, the car runs fine for a while, then repeats the problem. You suspect the M-cor, same thing, it never failed on stands, only on the ground.
It unltimately ended up being a controller on it's last leg, and it may have been that the rest of the componenets were marginal.
It finally took it's last breath while being tested off ground, We put in a new controller and the car is very happy. It was really confusing because the intermittent running made us not supset the controller.
Hope this helps someone who may come across the same dilemma..
GCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car