lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
csmdew
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default New Controller, Help!

I just finished installing an alltrax axe 400 on my 2002 ezgo fleet series and when I turn on the key everything works but get no light on the controller. The booklet says when ready it will have a green light, does the pedal have to be pushed for the light to come on.
csmdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Controller, Help!

Keyswitch ON, F/R in either F or R and pedal pushed to power up an AXE controller in a series cart.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #3
csmdew
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok, so as long as everything is working it's good to go. Guess I could jack up cart and push pedal to see it come on. Also I thought that it was supposed to flash when the cart was power on, is that by pedal also, thanks. One last thought, is it better to put the fuse by the battery or the controller; will elements bother it. Thanks again.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I have an AXE series and to be honest, I never paid any attention to the lights except when I played with the programming on the bench.

I recently played with watching mine, which is located over my motor, just to see it go orange. It's probably more for troubleshooting than anything else. Yes, it will flash before going solid, but that doesn't mean it flashes before you can go. Mine flashes four times for ITS, but I'm way down the road before it goes solid.

As to the fuse, anywhere that's convenient. Electrically, it's all the same. Given that you have to bolt it to something, then use a bolt to connect the cable, some locations may "work better" than others. By that I mean, easier, less likely to cause physical problems, cable strain, etc. Again, electrically, it doesn't matter
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #5
csmdew
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

How did you program it on the bench, thought it had to be connected to 36v for that; if there's a way could you explain it to me. Just got it and got no real info on it, thanks.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:37 PM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I have a 24 volt power supply, but I think the manual says you can use two 9 volt batteries. You can download all the manuals from Alltrax's website, and the manual shows where to hook it up.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

BTW, I was just playing, trying to learn the software and figure out what each parameter does. There's really no need to play on the bench. I just like stuff like that. It will allow you to ensure the software, cable, and controller are communicating. When I first got mine, I still had an old laptop that had a serial port, so no problem. You'll likely be using a USB to serial adapter cable.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Go to alltraxinc.com for more information on bench programming their controls. I use a 5 cell Lithium battery for the old stlye AXE, DCX, and NPX controls, this is 21v but I've used as little as 12v. The new SPM controls get their power from the usb connection.... much easier.

Good luck
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #9
csmdew
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for all the info, downloaded everything I needed. The unit was supposed to be pre-programmed for peak performance but if it doesn't run right I'll try programming myself.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I bought a old laptop power supply at a thrift shop to use for bench programming, 19v....Like he said, SPM powers up on Usb is sure easy nowdays. If you try bench programming, thoroughly read the documents on alltrax website. I usually get the controllers with a vanilla base program, get the yamaha boards and ezgo plugs seperately. I do bench programming to about half of the Dcx and Axe controllers i use, so when its installed, its ready to run.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO