lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #1
theskyiscrying
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Mounting headlights on front

I was looking on the forum about mounting lights (not the light bar) and I saw some threads where the lights are mounted under the front cowl, but I never saw exactly how they are mounted. How do you mount those without drilling into the body?

Show me some pics

Thanks!
theskyiscrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2013, 07:17 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Mounting headlights on front

No detailed pics, I loaned my camera to my son. I have two 55 watt halogen fog lights mounted to my plastic cowl. One set of bolts are already there and attach the cowl to two metal braces, seen in the second pic. For the other two bolts I simply drilled a hole in the plastic cowl. I probably drilled holes for the wires as well, but can't recall.

The one caution is to make sure the fog lights have two wires, and insure the body isn't grounded. If it is, you can either insulate the bolts holding them to the frame, or open the lights and remove the grounding wire.

The cowl is an easily removable piece of plastic, and I don't really consider it a part of the "body". Drill away!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2375.jpg (155.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2746.jpg (199.8 KB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:12 AM   #3
RobCons
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Did mine the same as Yurtle. My lights just used one bolt so the holes for the braces worked great. The wire takes a small hole drilled into the plastic cowl.
RobCons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:36 AM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Where did you get yours? Mine got smashed when a kid hopped on a drove it into my garage work bench. I may look at a marina nearby me, as those wouldn't be grounded, but figure any automotive store would probably have them. Unfortunately, if they come sealed in a box, I might not be able to confirm they have two wires. Of course they may all come with two wires, as many cars have plastic bumpers.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #5
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I did the same except I felt the plastic cowl was a little flimsy so I mounted a piece of 1 x 4 (painted flat black) using the cowl screws, then mounted the halogens to the wood. You can see em in my avatar. - RAY

FWIW - I also changed out the 12 volt bulbs for 36 volters and wired across the full pack. (No need to tap pack or add reducer !!)
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Hard to see 'em, but are they rectangular? If so, I think those would look better than the oval ones I had. It also looks like yours are mounted higher on the cowl. Did you utilize the braces at all, or just the wood?
Old 10-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #7
CROWN MAN
Gone Wild

I think mine are the same as yurtles. I tucked them underneath the cowl i think it looks cleaner.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1915.jpg (251.1 KB, 0 views)
CROWN MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #8
RobCons
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I saw some LED's at Wal Mart the other day for around $25 or so. They had a couple of different styles. Probably not as many led bulbs as the expensive ones. Mine are cheapies from Advance Auto.
RobCons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Though I'd love to try LEDs, My current light switch and wiring has the lights in parallel for brights and series for dims. Works great on 55 watt halogens.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #10
theskyiscrying
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the help guys.

Keep 'me coming...
theskyiscrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO